Hearing a superior system - what does one do?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
arashid said:
it almost obvious where your issues are

you need to upgrade your source.

your rdac is good for the money, but it cannot be compared with a NDAC.

An upgrade to the OP's source wouldn't do any harm. Yet I bet I can come up with some speakers that will make his rdac / 5i sound better than his mates Superuniti / rega system. Better on good recordings as well as better on poor recordings.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
arashid said:
it almost obvious where your issues are

you need to upgrade your source.

your rdac is good for the money, but it cannot be compared with a NDAC.

I disagree. :)

Changing the DAC will only make a minimal (if any) difference to the sound.

If the OP wants to change to the way his system sounds then he should start by auditioning different amplifier and speaker combinations

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
i think the dynos need more power than the 5i can muster, upgrading the dac first wont get the best out of your speakers.

then again you could change your speakers first, but like you i love the dyno sound. its a pity tho that they need a lot of current to get them sounding good at modest volume.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
back to the original question tho, it doesnt bother me if i hear a better system and mostly its just certain aspects that you notice.

i find it rare to hear a well matched system that does everything well in somebodys home. the nicest i have heard was a modest marantz and tannoy system that just seemed to sound as i like. i guess thats because we all have different ideas of what is a good sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts