Headphones for Android Tablet and Phone

Chr1s_J

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy some new headphones to go with my Nexus 7 (2013) and an android phone (currently HTC One X, but, due for an upgrade later this month - not sure what phone yet!?). My preference is either over ear or in ear, I'm not a fan of on ear headphones.

My current headphones (very old in ear sennheisers) died a few weeks back and I've only just started to look about for a replacement, but, I'm a little unsure what would be suitable, what would require additional amplification and whether better sound quality could be achieved using an external DAC. I think my preference would be to do without a DAC or external amp, however, I'm open to ideas.

I have a large catalogue of lossless CD rips, but, generally put 320kbps files onto my portable devices due to storage constraints. I'm hoping more Android devices start coming out with micro sd card slots!

My musical tastes are varied, from Cara Dillon to Metallica to Elgar.

I've a flexible budget, but, as a starting point, I've been looking around the £150 mark

Thanks for any suggestions

Chris

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The new in-ear RHA MA750 I reviewed should be perfect. Fantastic audiophile quality and a perfect fit with many eartips included.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Look at the AIAIAI range, as well as Audio-Technica and Beyerdynamic. Some of the best you can buy at that price level.

tteeydoc

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
If u can stretch your budget that far, the B & W P7 sounds amazing. Pricey, yes but I think u get what u pay for. I've had mine for a week and I'm glad I made the jump. The range is quite wide, base tight and precise. Treble and midrange also well handled. All in all it's well balanced. I have to warn u though, out of the box it sounded just short of being too bright but after a few hours really got into its element.

Chr1s_J

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just so you know, I bought a pair of the RHA MA750's, hopefully they should be here by Friday as I'm then away for a week. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get back :)

TRENDING THREADS