Headphone Recommendations

manukashyap

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Which headphones would you recommend for office (i.e. with a mic) that is good for listening to music. My considerations:
  1. Can be Bluetooth or wired. If Bluetooth, then should have a wired option. Preferably Bluetooth
  2. I have ordered an Ifi Go Link which I plan to use.
  3. Needs to have a mic.
  4. Not more than $200.
  5. Closed back
Any suggestions would be highly valuable.
I bought a Sony WH-CH720N- but it had a problem in multi-point connectivity. Sound was decent though. Returned them.
I also bought Airpods Max. Sound excellent. Daughter arrogated them.

clairelara

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
That won't help. The OP states clearly they want headphones with a microphone, none of your suggestions has one...
Most of them do have a built-in microphone. Not the best mics but definitely good enough for making phone calls. Only the Beyerdynamic and AKG K371 needs external microphones that need to be purchased separately.

The OP might not be in the US....
I don't believe he will be able to get these for "not more than $200" for some time yet.
That's upto the OP to decide. Asked for recommendations in $, can only assume USD.

Personally, I've found Bose 700 to tick all the boxes the OP has listed, including multipoint connectivity. At one point, it was available for £160 on Amazon.

That's upto the OP to decide. Asked for recommendations in $, can only assume USD.
Yes US dollars but whether or not he is in the US or not is irrelevant and you cannot get them for less than 200 dollars at the moment so don't know why you are persisting.
Please accept that, at the moment, they don't fit into the OPs budget so should not have been recommended.

Yes US dollars but whether or not he is in the US or not is irrelevant and you cannot get them for less than 200 dollars at the moment so don't know why you are persisting.
Please accept that, at the moment, they don't fit into the OPs budget so should not have been recommended.
I'm not sure why are you insisting on this one point. Let the OP decide if they're willing to spend extra $28 or not. We all have a budget in mind but don't mind stretching a little bit for the right product. If people want to contribute with their suggestions, let them. The OP can decide what's best for them. Why stifle advice of other members on a forum?

I'm not sure why are you insisting on this one point. Let the OP decide if they're willing to spend extra $28 or not. We all have a budget in mind but don't mind stretching a little bit for the right product. If people want to contribute with their suggestions, let them. The OP can decide what's best for them. Why stifle advice of other members on a forum?
My point being who says he can get them with postage duty etc for 28 dollars more?
I am a bit fed up with people that ignore the OPs question and say something like ' oh you don't want those get these but they are outside your budget but'....
Don't you think the OP has thought about this and actually set himself a budget?
He has appeared to do so.
He i s not asking for suggestions outside his budget
Yes, offer alternatives, but within budget surely otherwise don't.
There, I have said my piece anyone else who wants to contribute feel free...

My point being who says he can get them with postage duty etc for 28 dollars more?
I am a bit fed up with people that ignore the OPs question and say something like ' oh you don't want those get these but they are outside your budget but'....
Don't you think the OP has thought about this and actually set himself a budget?
He has appeared to do so.
He i s not asking for suggestions outside his budget
Yes, offer alternatives, but within budget surely otherwise don't.
There, I have said my piece anyone else who wants to contribute feel free...
As long as the budget is within the ballpark, I don't see any problem with it. If someone suggests $1000 headphones or earbuds, I can understand. But these are recommendations within 10-15% of his budget which isn't a huge amount. As you say, we don't know where the OP lives. There are few countries where you get them far cheaper than in the US or UK. We all are different in how we approach things regarding budget. Numerous times in the past, I've spent a bit more than my set budget for the right product. Besides, it can be of interest to others in a similar dilemma who can be more flexible with the budget. These threads are useful for other members too, and not just the OP. Anyways, no point in discussing this further. Hopefully the OP is sorted by now.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Gray

Sennheiser HD 560S is a good headphone and is under $200. You should try them.
'Good' is an understatement.
I think it might even be true to say that the model turned out to be better than Sennheiser expected. The demand certainly caught them out.

A bargain at full price, but I've seen them as low as £113 in the UK.

🤪 Don't meet the criteria of the original post though - due to not having a mic (as these are proper headphones, not a convenience product).

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Q35 or Q45? Looking for good sound and ANC without paying Sony/Bose prices.
I couldn't make up my mind on which, and finally ordered a Q45 renewed model a couple of days ago, in black. Then yesterday, after watching some additional new-to-me videos, I ordered a new set of Q35s, in blue, as well -both through Amazon.com. This morning, I was surprised to see a 4:34 email telling me that both orders are arriving today. Pumped! I mostly or only care about sound quality through LDAC. One, at least, will be returned, and this is the most I'd pay for Bluetooth headphones as well.

yanbergstrom

Aug 28, 2023
Visit site
Can anyone advise me or give me a reason why I should choose Bose over Dr. Dre? I'm thinking of either the Bose Quietcomfort 45 or the Dr. Dre studio 3.

yanbergstrom

Aug 28, 2023
Visit site
I couldn't make up my mind on which, and finally ordered a Q45 renewed model a couple of days ago, in black. Then yesterday, after watching some additional new-to-me videos, I ordered a new set of Q35s, in blue, as well -both through Amazon.com. This morning, I was surprised to see a 4:34 email telling me that both orders are arriving today. Pumped! I mostly or only care about sound quality through LDAC. One, at least, will be returned, and this is the most I'd pay for Bluetooth headphones as well.
Have you tried both q35 and q45? Is there a big difference?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts