Headphone recommendations please.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Looking for Headphones for my soon to be purchased amp (Marantz 6003), for under £300. Preferrably noise canceling. My list is down to the Bose QC25 so far, although i know now i will need an adpator to connect them.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
AKG NC-60 gets the votes for me. Great build quality, nice and compact and superlative sound. Streets ahead of Bose. Sould get them around £200 mark well within budget. I find Bose build quality poor, had some a couple of years ago and they broke so sent them back.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Moving away now from bose after taking advice. really just need some good wired headphones noise cancelling is now not top of my priority as they will be used in the living room just to drown out TV noise etc.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression you had already purchased the Bose Headphones based on a post elsewhere.

If you're seeking nose cancelling is there a great deal of choice out there? I have an old pair of Bose QC3's and to be honest they're pretty dire compared to any half decent pair of headphones I've heard. On par with Beats if that, however I'm sure Bose has upped it's game since the days of the QC3.

Still think you should check out the Oppo PM-3's albeit they're slightly above your stated budget..

I also have a pair of IEM from B & O, the H3 ANC and despite comfort being abysmal the sound is very good to my ears... Amazon are currently doing the H8 ANC on ears for a reduced price of £329, maybe worth a look... https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAY-Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-Headphones/dp/B01B45RVQU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495797858&sr=1-1&keywords=b+%26+o+play+h8+anc

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
I was under the impression you had already purchased the Bose Headphones based on a post elsewhere.

If you're seeking nose cancelling is there a great deal of choice out there? I have an old pair of Bose QC3's and to be honest they're pretty dire compared to any half decent pair of headphones I've heard. On par with Beats if that, however I'm sure Bose has upped it's game since the days of the QC3.

Still think you should check out the Oppo PM-3's albeit they're slightly above your stated budget..

I also have a pair of IEM from B & O, the H3 ANC and despite comfort being abysmal the sound is very good to my ears... Amazon are currently doing the H8 ANC on ears for a reduced price of £329, maybe worth a look... https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAY-Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-Headphones/dp/B01B45RVQU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495797858&sr=1-1&keywords=b+%26+o+play+h8+anc

hopefully i will be trying the OPPO's this weekend mate.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
tele1962 said:
Tried tgem today, everythig else pales in comparison with them.simply outstanding.

PS

apologies this is only being seen by the half dozen or so regular posters here now...very sad state of affairs.

Not necessarily. Write a review and it will be seen eventually by hundreds of people here directly, not to mention hundreds or thousands of others where it is linked and reposted.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Tried them today, everythig else pales in comparison with them......simply outstanding.

PS

apologies this is only being seen by the half dozen or so regular posters here now...very sad state of affairs.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
dalethorn said:
tele1962 said:
Tried tgem today, everythig else pales in comparison with them.simply outstanding.

PS

Not necessarily. Write a review and it will be seen eventually by hundreds of people here directly, not to mention hundreds or thousands of others where it is linked and reposted.

Dale do you work for What HiFi?

I really don't think this forum is read by very many at all to be honest. Same happened with the HDTVtest forum and evetualy no one posting at all. Although the reviews are the best out there.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
tried them today, relating to the Oppo PM3's?

If so and they're anything like the PM2's I'm not surprised you're impressed.

I've not heard them myself, so curious as to the size of sound stage they present and their isolation from external noise, plus any degree of leakage.. My only reservation with the PM2's is sound stage, not the most expansive I've heard. I'm not sure if that's a strong point of the AKG's I have and have obviously become accustomed to... they'e impactful and ever so fast and taunt, punchy, with deep bass when needed and they continue to blow me away. The mids are beautifully portrayed and if there's a slight roll off on the highs my ears aren't fine tuned enough to notice. these reward well mastered source material yet make poorly recorded content still enjoyable. I like my cans! ;-)

Let's us know if you pull the trigger and purchase.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
tele1962 said:
dalethorn said:
tele1962 said:

PS

Dale do you work for What HiFi?

I really don't think this forum is read by very many at all to be honest. Same happened with the HDTVtest forum and evetualy no one posting at all. Although the reviews are the best out there.

I don't work for them. This is just one of a dozen forums where I post reviews and answer questions about portable audio. It has very little active participation, but the good news is it doesn't have hundreds of pages of off-topic chat on the actual reviews, like some of the very active forums. Those things can really kill valuable time.

D

Deleted member 108165

pi-electronics said:
I have pi duet and really perfect for me to use. You can have a try and it will not disappoint you.

The spammer's back again! *diablo*

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
tele1962 said:
Tried them today, everythig else pales in comparison with them......simply outstanding.

PS

i was also impressed by the Oppo PM3. You don't say why you need noise cancelling. The Oppo will let in external sound. I liked the Bose QC25 but apparently when the battery dies they sound awful.

TRENDING THREADS