TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250Ohm) and in search of a good Dac/amp or a Dac + Amp Combo with a maximum budget of around 200€.
From what I found the Topping DX3 Pro + and Ifi Zen Dac V2 are the best choices, but now which one should i choose, and why?
If you have other advices, feel free to tell, since I’m new to the HiFi World.
Since I can still return the 990, if there’s something better even with a change of headphones, so like 300-350€ budget for headphone + dac amp (or only headphones if dac amp isn’t needed, I don’t know), but with comfortable ones.
I would buy from amazon.it
Thanks in advance!

Gray

From what I found the Topping DX3 Pro + and Ifi Zen Dac V2 are the best choices, but now which one should i choose, and why?
Both should make good DAC / amps but, in terms of overall facilities, you're not really comparing like with like. So the choice might depend more on your music source requirements.
As for the headphones, having tried several different brands / models myself, I wouldn't dare say what's right for you. Differences can be vast or subtle, but they're always obvious and, you're right, comfort is (or should be) an important consideration.
My current (Senn HD560S) give me the best sound. My old (Senn HD590) are unbeatable for comfort. Hopefully you can find something that gives the best of both.....and for that, a free returns policy is your best asset.

If you take music listening seriously, I would suggest sticking with the DAC / amp / headphones idea, rather than going for headphones only.
Good luck

D

Deleted member 160668

I have an Oppo HA-2 which is excellent and I can highly recommend. These can be picked up for around £150 for an excellent second hand example.

I run this with Sennheiser IE800S in-ears, Oppo PM3 Planar Magnetics, and Audio Technica MSR7, all with great success.

It is a seriously quality piece of kit and sounds excellent and I have no hesitation in recommending this to you.

Reactions: Al ears

TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Both should make good DAC / amps but, in terms of overall facilities, you're not really comparing like with like. So the choice might depend more on your music source requirements.
As for the headphones, having tried several different brands / models myself, I wouldn't dare say what's right for you. Differences can be vast or subtle, but they're always obvious and, you're right, comfort is (or should be) an important consideration.
My current (Senn HD560S) give me the best sound. My old (Senn HD590) are unbeatable for comfort. Hopefully you can find something that gives the best of both.....and for that, a free returns policy is your best asset.

If you take music listening seriously, I would suggest sticking with the DAC / amp / headphones idea, rather than going for headphones only.
Good luck
I finished buying both the DX3 Pro Plus and the Ifi Zen Dac V2, but I can't hear any differences, so I don't know what to do, advices? 😅

D

Deleted member 160668

Give the Oppo HA2 a try. It is excellent. If you didn't like it, put it back on eBay and you will not have lost any money.

TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Do they make a worthwhile improvement though?
If not, then you don't need either.
If yes, then the choice must be down to facilities, maybe even looks 😐
I'm sorry i didn't understood the first sentence, could you explain "worthwhile improvement"?
You mean like Bluetooth and features or?
As for the preamp for speakers, which one of the two is better?
Alternatively i thought to return the 990 Pro and get like a 200€ headphone and a 100 dac / amp, since they should matter more rather than the 990, but wouldn't know what to pick

TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
I was just wondering whether you thought either of the two were making a worthwhile improvement to your headphone sound.
Ah, thanks for the explanation: well, comparing to direct input to pc (there's a background noise) and the FX audio dac x6 yes, but between the two i cant find differences.
I would like to try other headphones too, so in general with a 300euro budget headphone [without a dac/amp or with a cheap one (Under 100E)] what could i buy?

TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Visit site
Great post, I have the same headphones myself, but my amplifier is a prodigy cube black edition and I'm just looking for an amplifier to change for something better.
Thanks!
I think I'll try to change the headphones to something better and take a worse amp, because I can't hear difference between changing dac from ifi zen to dx3 pro+, if someone has any advise, I'm grateful

Gray

Ah, thanks for the explanation: well, comparing to direct input to pc (there's a background noise) and the FX audio dac x6 yes, but between the two i cant find differences.
I would like to try other headphones too, so in general with a 300euro budget headphone [without a dac/amp or with a cheap one (Under 100E)] what could i buy?
I'm certainly not one that thinks more expensive is always better.
But, I don't think you'd get much benefit from a DAC and amp combined for under 100E (if you could even find one).
My separate DAC and amp together cost about double the price of my headphones (£100 DAC, £200 amp). Some would say that's crazy, but it works for me.
There are no fixed rules though and you need to find what's right for you.

Reactions: shadders

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts