HDMI Pass-through - Foxsat to Pioneer vsx920

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is driving me nuts.

I cant find a way of viewing the freesat without having the receiver on. As soon as I put it in standby, I lose the sound and image.

Humax freesat+ box connected to my Pioneer receiver in the hdmi1 slot, HDMI out from the receiver to the tv. It works fine with the receiver on. When I put the receiver into standby I get the click as it goes onto standby, retain the image, get the sound come out of the tv for about 3 seconds then get another 'click' from the amp and then lose both image and sound (TV says no signal).

Pass-through from my Pioneer bdp-lx53 is fine.

I can put the Foxsat directly to the TV on another TV HDMI input but I can then only control channels with the foxsat remote, not the sound (I have to use the tv remote for that) . It doesnt even switch channels when I turn receiver or Foxsat box on. This is the first time I've used the Humax with HDMI, previous scart use didn't encounter any such problems.

In trying to work around the pass-through problem with a simpler set-up, its just giving me more headaches.

In either set-up, what's going on, why doesn't it work?

Pioneer VSX920, Pioneer BDB LX53, LG pk990, Humax Foxsat-HDR

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Many items of home cinema kit don't automatically switch over with HDMI like the old scart control did.

I have tv, blu ray and amp all from Sony and the control for HDMI system they share has never worked properly.

Does your foxsat box have optical or digital out?

If yes. connect foxsat to tv via HDMI for normal use with sound through tv speakers in stereo and connect to amp via optical or digital for when you want full surround sound.

Buy a universal remote if you want to control everything from a single remote

A

Anonymous

Just noticed that I can control the Freesat audio with the freesat remote unless I'm on either of the 2 BBC HD channels. When on those channels it switches volume and you can only change it through the TV. Very odd.

The Pioneer pass-through not working properly with the Humax is a real pain. I don't want to have to pay out for a universal remote, I just want stuff that works.

A

Anonymous

im sure this amp doesnt have pass through, my sky remote and pioneer tv remote worked straight away with the volume controls only

A

Anonymous

It does have passthrough, I can use it with my blueray.

I get about 3 secs of passthrough when I put the amp into standby with the foxsat then the amp switches it off.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Pioneer does not do pass through it seems. Would it not be an alternative to hook up your tv via component and rca. This would mean that when you just want to watch tv without the amp it would pass straight to the tv? I was thinking about doing this with my sky hd box. Am i wrong?? Would you need to go into the settings everytime and alter settings in the menus??

A

Anonymous

If you connect your Freesat box to the "BD IN" hdmi input of the amp you will find that pass-through will work when the amp is off.

Hope this was of help.

Lee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts