HDMI out ?

heavenlydoddy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi have got a little confused after reading the new mag.

I am or have pre layed cables in a new build. My av is in the lounge serving 1 out to the tv above & 1 out to the tv in the kitchen, all served by a sky+ & blu ray into the av ( no final decisions on eqpmt). From the tv in the kitchen to the av amp i have 1 opt & 1 phono, should i lay a high speed hdmi into the av ?, after reading the mag i think it means if you have a tuner on the tv then you need an hdmi out to the av for sound ? can you help i have 2 days before the plaster board goes up. What should i pre lay ?

The TV in the kitchen has freeview tuner so can work independently to the lounge also i would like to have the front l/r speakers in the kitchen going through the AV but trying to listen only to those & not the whole lounge set up as well is this possible ?, hope this makes sense i thought i was nearly there but think i have missed some thing,

thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

why would you need audio coming from your freeview tuner in the tv in the kitchen going to your avr in the lounge ?

you do need a hdmi cable going from your avr to your kitchen tv if you want sky hd on that tv , which would be passed on by your avr along with blu-ray or dvd data ..

edit .. do you want to have , or have , external speakers in the kitchen ? if so you need a hdmi cable going from the avr to the kitchen tv , and speaker cabling going from avr to the kitchen speakers .. and you need the speaker cable connected to your zone 2 outs on the avr , then you can have audio on in the kitchen setup while having no audio in the lounge setup ..

also , if you have a subwoofer in the kitchen (probably not but however) then you also need a long sub cable going from the zone 2 sub out on the avr to the kitchen ..

heavenlydoddy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for reply maxflinn, you are right no sub, but yes 2 front speakers (fronts from a 5.1 system as are using existing fronts as music & pre out for mivies).

Idea was to be able to watch sky & blu ray from lounge by using the 2nd out of AV. Understand it has to be what is being watched in that room. I have laid the Hdmi & speaker cable from the av to the kitchen... but also an opt & phono just in case but should i have laid another hdmi from the tv to an in source on the av would i gain anythin ? . By using the freeview on the kitch tv i am confused as to whether i can get sound to the av & back again through the speakers ( best way of doing that ).

While you have touched on the zone subject....! what would be my best method to use the AV for movies/ sky in the lounge (NAD stereo amp providing the front L/R for the movies via av pre out & only driving the front L/R for music), so !! how would you & where would you wire the speakers for the kitchen L/R so as being able to have them zoned & not have sound in the lounge as well.

I have just read this back & i hope you get it the more i write the more i get confused .com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts