HDMI connection help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking to buy a new DVD recorder and an HD sat. receiver to go with my Samsung HD TV. I've read that buying equipment with HDMI connections is the best way to go for the best audio and visual experience. I've done some research into what products I'd like to buy and had a look at the user guides for them. With both the DVD recorder and HD sat. receiver instructions they state that I should connect the sat. receiver to the DVD recorder (using scart) and then connect the DVD recorder to the TV using HDMI.

Is this correct? I thought HDMI connections were supposed to be better that scart. Isn't it possible to connect both the HD receiver to the TV using HDMI and do the same with the DVD recorder?

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you only need the SCART from receiver to recorder if you want to record from the receiver to the recorder. You'd still want HDMI connections to the TV from both devices.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. So, basically I will be watching an HD or SD program via the HDMI connection but the recording will be analog as it's through SCART. Can I record a digital signal by using component connections instead of SCART?

I've also seen a Panasonic DVD Recorder with a built-in sat. receiver. Does this mean that any recording to the DVD recorder hard drive would be digital?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts