HDMI Cable Question

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I've recently purchased a Pioneer LX01 and the dealer sold me a couple of Cyperpix HDMI cables and he assured me that they were good cables, i cant find a specification that says they are HDMI 1.3 compliant. I've also got a PS3 linked to the LX01 with a normal HDMI cable, am i right in saying that if i've not got cables that are 1.3 compliant then i'm not going to get the best performance? does it really make a big difference?

I've ordered a Qunex cable for the PS3, i thought i was getting HD sound but it looks like i've not. Should i change the Cyperpix cables as well

Thanks

Mike Worrall

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't know the Cyberpix cables, but if they're 1.3 compliant they will be fine. And the 'normal' HDMI isn't the reason you're not 'getting HD sound' from the PS3 - or at least not getting a Dolby/DTS HD indication on the receiver.

The PS3 decodes the HD soundtracks and outputs them as Linear PCM, which sounds just as good as streaming the HD tracks directly IMO. You'll see 'PCM Multichannel' or something similar on the receiver display.

TRENDING THREADS