Hdmi and power cables

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Evening all.

Just taken delivery of a new tv for the bedroom. I've positioned it on a glass shelf with a blu-ray player underneath and, because some of the back of the tv is on display I have neatly zip tied all the cables together (2x power and 1x hdmi)

Am I increasing the chance of interferance by doing this, or raising any other problems such as possible overheating?

Any words of wisdom much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cliff.

piper1st

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I am no way an expert (so hopefully someone else will agree/disagree), but from what i have read, binding power cables to most other types of cables is not a good idea, especially when they are tighting bound with cable ties, as this can kink the shielding increasing the chance of interference. :shame: This is worse if the cables run in parallel over long distances or if they are analogue cables, not so sure about HDMI cables as they are digital. Over heating is mostly a concern if the cables are coiled up i think.

Is there any way the power cables could go down one side and all the rest down the other side?

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi Piper, thanks for the reply.

Yes I can keep the hdmi lead seperate, it just won't look as neat. Not a big deal really, just being pedantic but if there's no reason not to I'd like to keep them together.

Leads aren't coiled and are only touching for about a foot in total.

Thanks.

Cliff

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just had the cable guy in to check things out. apparently on a very strong signal standard tv 100% hd signal 96%. picture seems all good. will check picture on blu-ray over extended viewing, think any problems should be immedietly apparent.

Cliff.

TRENDING THREADS