Currently upgrading and setting up 2 systems, 7,1 & 2,0...need some advice

Hazbeaned

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all...First post...! :read:

Current playlist: The War on Drugs "Lost in the Dream" / Guy J "Balance" / Lana del Ray "Ultraviolence" / Sharon van Etten "Are we there" / Broken Twin "May" and Clean Bandit "New eyes".

Room1 (26m2)...LG760T 3D TV...Marantz NR1604...B&W601 [2.0 currently] linked with QED Reference HDMI / QED QUDOS cables

Room2 (36m2)...Marantz PM57...Marantz CD63 mkII KI...Monitor Audio Silver3 linked with Audioquest Jade / QED Silver Anniversary

Question:

Room1...The B&W's are going to good home with the PM57. I am looking to bring in a Marantz UD7007 and a Focal Dome 5.1 package with 2x stands and a sub..linked with Chord Leyline and a Chord Crimson sub lead.

Room2...I have found a pair of Focal Chorus 816 V for £650 and want to pair them with a Naim UnitiLite (with DAB).

Questions...

Are there any glaring issues with the set-up?

Does the NR1604 have enought bite to introduce the 816 V's {91.5dB 8ohms} if I set up the sytem as a 7.1 occasionally?

Will the Naim UnitiLite drive the 816 V's given the room size? or should I add a power amp?

Any alternatives on the speaker front (I looked at Guru Juniors / PMC Twenty 21...(found for £900) and Kef LD50's as well)

Restriction - If I had to add a power amp, I would have to settle for the UD5007 and cheaper connects for Room2 set-up / Have Apple ipads and iMac that must be able to link to the kit over the network.

I guess I was hoping that given the obvious connection between Naim and Focal...that I was onto a winner.

Many thanks for your time

:wall:

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there and welcome.

If you haven't already you might want to post your questions in the Home Cinema and Hi-Hi forums which is where we all hang out.

Hazbeaned

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks...I have now done just that
smile.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts