Have i set it up wrong?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just connected my first subwoofer (EPOS ELS). Auto set up etc, test tones ok. The trouble is i don't notice any sound coming from the sub. Is this normal? It's rated an internal 300w amplifier i just don't hear it.(Yes i have tried turning it up!) I was expecting the sofa to shake watching the opening scenes in Revenge of the Sith. I'll be very dissapointed if i can't get more out of this subwoofer. My low pass filter is set to 20 and high pass filter set to 60ish. The rest of my speakers are wharfedale diamond 9.1's. I also noticed that that crossover setting on the reciever is greyed out (unable to set/adjust). Any comments or advice.

Thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Did you set your amp up to handle a sub, it should be an option in the settings. If that isnt an option set your speakers to small and then the crossover option and your sub should come to life.

Nick

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:
Did you set your amp up to handle a sub, it should be an option in the settings. If that isnt an option set your speakers to small and then the crossover option and your sub should come to life.

Nick

Nick is right. Your receiver is not seeing the sub - you will get sofa shaking soon!

A

Anonymous

So i've changed speaker size to small, and it has allowed me to set the crossover point. Is 60hz the recommended setting? Is the rumble meant to be more subtle than a one box cinema subwoofer. My old sony passive subwoofer had more thud but the quality was pretty bad.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Luke Kenobi:So i've changed speaker size to small, and it has allowed me to set the crossover point. Is 60hz the recommended setting? Is the rumble meant to be more subtle than a one box cinema subwoofer. My old sony passive subwoofer had more thud but the quality was pretty bad.

For those speakers I would have it set to 120hz personally (no less than 100hz). Your sub will then kick in earlier.

You will hear it!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gerrardasnails & TheHomeCinemaCentre, i set it to 100hz. Just watched Terminator3 and WOW. I've never heard my DVD's sound so good. Most definately HEARD the Subwoofer. Very pleased now. Now to re-watch my entire collection.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Luke Kenobi:
Thanks Gerrardasnails & TheHomeCinemaCentre, i set it to 100hz. Just watched Terminator3 and WOW. I've never heard my DVD's sound so good. Most definately HEARD the Subwoofer. Very pleased now. Now to re-watch my entire collection.

No problem Luke. Something tells me that Star Wars may be involved in your collection!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts