Has anyone seen the new TX 37LZD800 yet?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

In the process of choosing a new TV (I thought this would be a quick process), but now I've been reading for over a month and now really confused.....

I'm close to deciding on the new Panasonic TX 37LZD800, but today I read another review saying the TV was HD ready, when previously I'd read it was full HD.

Does anyone know which one is correct? Also do you agree with my decision, are there any better 37" TV's out there.

Thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi,

According to these forums most people seem to be very impressed with the 37PX80 plasma. Definitely HD ready not full HD but most posters state that they this is perfectly adequate particularly at this size.

I have seen the PX80 in action and am very impressed but have not seen the 37LZD800 yet. I have the 32LXD700 which is a fantastic set but will get a plasma soon (full HD 42PZ85) because I personally prefer the pictures from plasma although I do notice some phosphour trails (on the panasonic demo 'people on poles' sequence that all shops seem to play!) and hope that living with a plasma doesn't prove problematic.

I am going for the full HD 42" because main freeview watching will be done in another room on the 32LXD700 so the plasma will be used mainly for BD and upscaled DVD. If freeview would be the main source then I would have to consider the 42 or 37PX80 HD as these are supposed to be better with SD. On this point, when posters state that SD is worse on the full HD, PZ85, I am not sure if they mean freeview or SKY. A recent article in WHF S&V showed that SKY channels are often transmitted with a lower resolution than freeview which could explain why SD looks worse on a 1080P panel.

Perhaps you should take a look at the 37PX80 plasma as well to help make your final decision.

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

It's full HD 1080p.

I just took a look at it in a shop.

It looks really good. Both in HD and also on DTT.

Would like to see Sky (SD) on it too but could take a bit longer until more shops get them in.

But I have to say it was very good. Better than most of the plasmas I looked at particuarly for regular TV.

I did check out the TH-42PZ85 (plasma) as well. OK it's plasma but it seemed pretty good too..

Damn it! I was almost set...

One thing you'll note that on LCDs any text or graphics are far sharper than any plasma. The tickers and crawls on news and sports were much sharper on the LCD.

As for colours, plasma seem to be a litttle more natural. But all the comparisons I've made the LCD (Panasonic) has been sharper.

Like I said this new LZD800 is bloody good. I'm ".." that close to making the purchase. One more trip to the shop to compare the TH-42PZ85 and the LCD and I'm done..

Everybody has their own opinion anyways and lets face it, nothing beats a good old CRT for image unless everything was HD...

Let me know your feedback

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd just make sure, if you can, to get a demo on one of the LCDs and one of the plasmas you're looking at in a proper, normally lit demo room, rather than a bright show room. The difference being, the shop floor often favours the LCD (with the plasma looking too dark) because you're in a room which is lit up with bright halogen lights - not your average living room lighting conditions!

A

Anonymous

The showroom was pretty low lighting.

I went back compared the LZD800 and the 42" PZ85B again.

In my view the 37" TX 37LZD800 was superb especially at handling Standard Def.

It was better than the plasma. I checked numerous channels/formats and I prefered the LCD everytime.

BUT.............

I got swayed by the extra size of the 42"... and guess what.. I bought it.

Hooked it up at home and very happy with it. SD is handled very well on my Sky+. Certainly what I've watched so far I can live with. My Sky signal could be better and when I upgrade to HD I'll get them to try and tweak that.

But compared to many sets out there this new 42" Panasonic plasma (and the 37" LCD) are bloody good.

I've noticed when watching the regular channels I usually do, I'm seeing the programs with a different level of depth. It's pretty amazing.

Can't wait to get onto full HD....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts