Has anyone downloaded or got Windows 11 yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 196519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 196519

I was tempted to try it but when I checked my Acer i3 laptop it said my hardware was not compatible! ☹ I think you need 8th gen intel chip or later ….. so not for me it seems.
I discovered the same problem with mine. It has Windows 7 on it.

Gray

I came late to computers - and only then to convert my CDs to FLAC ( not sure I'd own a PC even now if it hadn't been for that).
So I jumped straight in at Windows 7, then 'upgraded' to 10.
Not in any hurry to move to 11....or even find out whether I'm able to.

D

Deleted member 196519

I came late to computers - and only then to convert my CDs to FLAC ( not sure I'd own a PC even now if it hadn't been for that).
So I jumped straight in at Windows 7, then 'upgraded' to 10.
Not in any hurry to move to 11....or even find out whether I'm able to.
I can upgrade to 10 but then I would’ve to upgrade then to 11. That will cost around £180! I am better of buying a brand new cheap laptop with Windows 11 on.

D

Deleted member 196519

Not sure why you were thinking of upgrading (and buying) the software if you aren't even using the laptop.
I was thinking getting back in using a laptop again. I miss touch typing too.

DCarmi

Being an older IT professional, I still follow the rule that you should not deploy a new Microsoft OS for a while. Let others find the problems first. Microsoft list Windows 11 requirements is available at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11-specifications

The Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2) requirement is more likely to be the limiting factor on most older PCs (and some newer ones). Some systems, like mine, have TPM 2 but turned off by default. These will be reported as incompatible, until you make the required changes to the bios.

As said earlier, anyone running WIndows 7 or earlier needs to consider their options. No security updates are being released for those version s of Windows.

That said there are still millions of WIndows XP systems out there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts