HARMAN KARDON CD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm looking for a budget Cd-P to hook up with my Rotel RA-04SE & B&W685. I've heard very well of the Cambridge Audio, but i'm afraid of the reported bright sound...

Does anyone knows anything about the Harman / Kardon, namely the HD 970 and 980?

WOuld this be a good combination?

Thanks in advance

Hugo

A

Anonymous

I purchased a Harman Kardon HD7500 CD Player off E-Bay recently and am very impressed. Solid build quality (all metal) and a beautiful sound to boot.

I've heard the newer models are flimsy and plasticky - not sure about the sound though.

A

Anonymous

For a CD I would go up to 250?, something like that.

I found the Harman Kardon for a good price, but i'm not sure about its quality, and how it would fit in my system.

A

Anonymous

I have had the Rotel RA-02 with a Marantz CD6000 OSE KI running through Monitor Audio BR2's and subsequently, B&W 685 speakers. They sounded great.

For your money, there are a lot of good deals to find on E-Bay. Is there a particular reason for harman/kardon as quite a few makes of cd players will fit nicely into your system.

T

the record spot

HK have a fine pedigree and are recent returners to the UK 2 channel market after a good period in the late 90s. Seek out, if you can, the next one up, the HD990 CDP, which although £500, can be had for almost half that. Not sure where you are based, but do audition it if the price fits your budget. Some very good reviews of this kit and it was part of a highly recommended end of year review in Hi Fi News a couple of months back.

Try out the 980 too, I wouldn't be afraid of shortlisting the brand - their new stuff is very decent and worth consideration.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I agree - we recently got back on board with Harman after dropping them a two years ago. The current range of products are back on form with the 2CH offering surprisingly strong. The 990/990 combination is amazing value considering the quality of sound. The 980/980 sound is punchier but at the price certainly worthy of an audition.

A

Anonymous

The main reason for considering this brand is this is the cheapest CD-P i've found, new of course, in Portugal.

I've seen the 980CD for about 190?/170£, however i'm afraid it doesn't feet well on my system.

On the other side, i'm using an old xbox 1for cd's and FLAC so i can't go wrong... Even so, i would like to get as right as I could. :)

TRENDING THREADS