Ha! Gotham GAC-1 review........

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
daveh75:afaik ebay only, havn't seen them anywhere else

Sorry if appear a bit dim (correction, am a bit dim) but what company makes them? Or are they knocked up, metaphorically speaking, in a small lock-up?
emotion-40.gif

daveh75

plastic penguin:

Sorry if appear a bit dim (correction, am a bit dim) but what company makes them? Or are they knocked up, metaphorically speaking, in a small lock-up?
emotion-40.gif

there branded as "gotham" but i suspect as you've just mentioned they are knocked up by someone in a lock up, that's just my opinion though ,they just have that look and feel about them,or at least the one i got did anyway

daveh75:plastic penguin:

emotion-40.gif

there branded as "gotham" but i suspect as you've just mentioned they are knocked up by someone in a lock up, that's just my opinion though ,they just have that look and feel about them,or at least the one i got did anyway

I'm trying to get a handle of these cables. How would they compare with a good set of sub-hundred quid cables i.e. Merlin Chopin, the ones I have? or are they a real budget cable.

daveh75

yes thet are a real budget cable, imo they dont compare with sub £100 cables, despite the rave reviews they've been getting on the forums, i'd say dont believe the hype, its a sub £20 cable and thats exactly how it performs, again this is only my opinion

A

Anonymous

But noone takes the cost into account ! Is there a cable at this price point, not twice the price, that can compete ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
andyb190:
But noone takes the cost into account ! Is there a cable at this price point, not twice the price, that can compete ?

We hope to find an ultra-budget cable that will impress us, and will test more rivals at this price.

Until then, we'd suggest - as mentioned several times in this thread - that people save that little longer, or shop around for a secondhand bargain on a superior cable.

A

Anonymous

I know what you're saying Clare, and this wasn't aimed at the review, more those who think that these interconnects have a peer. They don't at that price. Yes we can all afford 'em but they are half the price of the 'rivals' that have been raised so far.

Would you say that the Pioneer 428xd is in the same market as the px 80 ? No ! So why do you guys think to compare at similar cost rates ?

Admittedly, it is a very un usual and niche market area.

daveh75

andyb190:

there's loads at this price point and lower on ebay, but i suspect there all pretty much alike; honestly dont think your get a decent cable for the money, not new anyway.i bought a gotham just out of interest tbh, wasn't expecting much from it and indeed thats what you get, i'll be sticking with my chord crimsons,

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
A friend of mine used to live in Bingham and we used to drive past Gotham regularly. Always sang the Batman theme tune. One thing I do remember is it being a very bleak area in winter with the coal mines etc. The next Hollywood movie really should be set in this area!On the topic of cheap interconnects my favourite in use is a NVA soundcord at around £12. Difficult for me to compare it with my VDH Name cable as it's a din - rca rather than rca - rca and is used on a different amp.

daveh75

russ74:

On the topic of cheap interconnects my favourite in use is a NVA soundcord at around £12. Difficult for me to compare it with my VDH Name cable as it's a din - rca rather than rca - rca and is used on a different amp.
been looking at those, it also claims to beat better cables, tbh they look much better quality than the gothams,

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:russ74:

On the topic of cheap interconnects my favourite in use is a NVA soundcord at around £12. Difficult for me to compare it with my VDH Name cable as it's a din - rca rather than rca - rca and is used on a different amp.
been looking at those, it also claims to beat better cables, tbh they look much better quality than the gothams,
Defiantly worth a punt at £11.50 for the 70cm cable. Mine is well made with good quality rca plugs. One thing you can't see from the pictures on ebay is the cable is very thin - half that of gothams etc. but don't let that put you off! I was pleasantly surprised with mine.

daveh75

i did notice as it goes, you can sort of see the cable "swimming" around in the back of the rca plug, may give them a try out of curiousity, as i did with the gotham, as i mentioned more than happy with my chord crimsons

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:al7478:shameless bump cuz of my edit above, regarding testing equipment with the dac.

sorry, that barely coherent.

barely, but we gotcha
emotion-5.gif

Group test of budget(ish) DACs, 18th September.........

cheers, but was wondering what level of kit the beresford was tested with. ive heard it can improve a much better system than my decidedly budget system, but ive no idea meself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts