GyroDec question

bretty

New member
Jul 20, 2007
248
0
0
Hey all,

I've just ordered the Spyder upgrade for my Gyro. I have a question: does the kit come complete with the three threaded rods that go from the feet, through the suspension springs and chassis?

I ask because the three rods are set into the acrylic plynth of the gyro don't look like they are designed to budge.
 

bretty

New member
Jul 20, 2007
248
0
0
It's ok, drama over. I phoned Michell. It's just as well I hadn't binned the plinth yet, cos the rods do come out and the Spyder kit doesn't come with any. Michell were nice and helpful, but man, they've got a great racket going with the Spyder kit. £50 for an plastic three-pronged bommerang!

I'm in the wrong game
 

mitch65

Well-known member
Dec 16, 2003
52
0
18,540
bretty said:
It's ok, drama over. I phoned Michell. It's just as well I hadn't binned the plinth yet, cos the rods do come out and the Spyder kit doesn't come with any. Michell were nice and helpful, but man, they've got a great racket going with the Spyder kit. £50 for an plastic three-pronged bommerang!

I'm in the wrong game
Oooh that was lucky!
Goog idea to change to the spider version, I think it looks miles better
 

bretty

New member
Jul 20, 2007
248
0
0
mitch65 said:
bretty said:
It's ok, drama over. I phoned Michell. It's just as well I hadn't binned the plinth yet, cos the rods do come out and the Spyder kit doesn't come with any. Michell were nice and helpful, but man, they've got a great racket going with the Spyder kit. £50 for an plastic three-pronged bommerang!

I'm in the wrong game
Oooh that was lucky! Goog idea to change to the spider version, I think it looks miles better
I think you're right, mate. The plinths look great in the promo photos but, in the flesh, I think it looks dated. And it'd be a b*gger to keep clean.

I know it's been, ooh seven months since I originally asked you, but do you still fancy giving me a hand to set up when the spyder arrives? I'll ply you with booze and sort you a cab home for your troubles
 

mitch65

Well-known member
Dec 16, 2003
52
0
18,540
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
bretty said:
It's ok, drama over. I phoned Michell. It's just as well I hadn't binned the plinth yet, cos the rods do come out and the Spyder kit doesn't come with any. Michell were nice and helpful, but man, they've got a great racket going with the Spyder kit. £50 for an plastic three-pronged bommerang!

I'm in the wrong game
Oooh that was lucky! Goog idea to change to the spider version, I think it looks miles better
I think you're right, mate. The plinths look great in the promo photos but, in the flesh, I think it looks dated. And it'd be a b*gger to keep clean.

I know it's been, ooh seven months since I originally asked you, but do you still fancy giving me a hand to set up when the spyder arrives? I'll ply you with booze and sort you a cab home for your troubles
Be glad to help (has it really been that long?)
I've just got back into the turntable swing of things today by replacing the sad old plinth on my Thorens with a brand spanking new custom made american walnut one and it looks a peach......just got to get that damn arm!!!!!!
 

bretty

New member
Jul 20, 2007
248
0
0
mitch65 said:
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
bretty said:
It's ok, drama over. I phoned Michell. It's just as well I hadn't binned the plinth yet, cos the rods do come out and the Spyder kit doesn't come with any. Michell were nice and helpful, but man, they've got a great racket going with the Spyder kit. £50 for an plastic three-pronged bommerang!

I'm in the wrong game
Oooh that was lucky! Goog idea to change to the spider version, I think it looks miles better
I think you're right, mate. The plinths look great in the promo photos but, in the flesh, I think it looks dated. And it'd be a b*gger to keep clean.

I know it's been, ooh seven months since I originally asked you, but do you still fancy giving me a hand to set up when the spyder arrives? I'll ply you with booze and sort you a cab home for your troubles
Be glad to help (has it really been that long?) I've just got back into the turntable swing of things today by replacing the sad old plinth on my Thorens with a brand spanking new custom made american walnut one and it looks a peach......just got to get that damn arm!!!!!!
Yep, seven months. Time flies when you're wasting a quality TT
. Thanks Mitch, I appreciate it. It's the arm and cart set up that daunts me a bit, so your help will be tops!

I bet that plinth looks great, matey.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts