Guidance/advice needed - Onkyo CR-715 or Denon DM37 & What cable with my Tannoy F1 customs?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all, looking for your expert guidance/advice

I'm currently running an Onkyo CR-715 with Tannoy F1 customs and QED Silver Anniversary XT cable

I like a bass-line (dance music) but also like to chill to a variety (Rock, Pop, and legends like Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Barry White, Stevie Wonder etc) and I like to play music at a mid to sometimes loud volume (I'm not exactly holding a rave, however)

Anyway - thinking of swapping out the Onkyo with a Denon DM37? Could I have your expert thoughts? I guess concern is the volume I'd be losing by trading the Onkyo for Denon, but feel the Denon might give vocal and bass clarity?

Also I've been told that my QED Silver Anniversary XT may not be delivering the bass to it's full potential, again could anyone share their guidance?

Happy to spend upto £400 to get my 'house-in-order'

Appreciate your advice

A

Anonymous

Boy am I glad I put that post up...Thanks for comments so far, appreciated

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Although for £400 you could get a decent separates system via eBay with all cables and possibly better speakers; this would also win hands down compared to a micro system!

NAD C320BEE integrated along with a good example of a CDP would be starters (i.e. NAD C541, Arcam Alpha 7SE CDP, Marantz CDP etc...)

A

Anonymous

my low budget system (and my only system so far!)

pioneer A400 amp (£70) ... excellent condition & boxed

Marantz CD63mkII K1 signature cd player (£130) ... boxed in good condition with remote

Bowers&Wilkins (B&W) DM2 Speakers from the 1970's (3 way transmissions ... the mark 1's not the mark II's) ... £50 ... good condition ... cabinets have a few scratches but will stain them then polish with bee's wax ... busy sorting that now

SILVER HIGH BREED Coherence LE Interconnects (0.50m Pr) ,,, £30

need speaker cable (approx £30 for 2m runs from silver high breed) ... will oreder this week

still need good speaker stands ... maybe approx £100 ?? ... still researching ... need to raise speakers approx 400mm from the ground

so ,,, my vintage system will cost me approx £410 ... and am sure that I will have a decent system that compares favouably with newer items that cost loads more (so so I hope!)

you have a budget of £400 ... research and shop around ... you will do well especially with older systems/speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts