Guess What ?

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Yep get it delivered tomorrow, samsung 55HU8500, i will need to get it wall mounted before i can watch it though. *smile*
Congrats mate! Nice one. *drinks*

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Yep get it delivered tomorrow, samsung 55HU8500, i will need to get it wall mounted before i can watch it though. *smile*
Have you got it wall mounted yet mate? Just wondering what you think to it? Cheers

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
UPDATE:

My tv arrived friday morning, superfi promised to give me a phone number for someone to wall mount they phoned later on in the afternoon but i got fed up of waiting so i phoned richer sounds who said they would send someone over on sunday (today), anyway after a few phone calls someone came over yesterday at about 16:00. i had already bought a slim wall mount for about £12 off amazon, but the guy said it wasn't strong enough for the job, but said he could come back next saturday (27th) but i complained and he has organized for someone to come on monday 22nd to fit the tv and he will bring a bracket for £30 + £120 labour for two hours work, so at the moment i watch tv on my 22" computer screen or stare at a 55" samsung tv box which has been their since friday.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

simonlewis said:
he has organized for someone to come on monday 22nd to fit the tv and he will bring a bracket for £30 + £120 labour for two hours work

£60 an hour? You're being robbed.

A few thoughts.

1. Couldn't you do it yourself?

2. If not, don't you know someone who's a bit handy and could do it for you?

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
UPDATE:

My tv arrived friday morning, superfi promised to give me a phone number for someone to wall mount they phoned later on in the afternoon but i got fed up of waiting so i phoned richer sounds who said they would send someone over on sunday (today), anyway after a few phone calls someone came over yesterday at about 16:00. i had already bought a slim wall mount for about £12 off amazon, but the guy said it wasn't strong enough for the job, but said he could come back next saturday (27th) but i complained and he has organized for someone to come on monday 22nd to fit the tv and he will bring a bracket for £30 + £120 labour for two hours work, so at the moment i watch tv on my 22" computer screen or stare at a 55" samsung tv box which has been their since friday.
Let us know what it's like when it's done. Cheers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
simonlewis said:
he has organized for someone to come on monday 22nd to fit the tv and he will bring a bracket for £30 + £120 labour for two hours work

A few thoughts.

You remember Simon appealling for information about people who could come to his house and wrap his Christmas presents for him?

I doubt he'd be considering DIY wall installations.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

chebby said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
simonlewis said:

A few thoughts.

You remember Simon appealling for information about people who could come to his house and wrap his Christmas presents for him?

I doubt he'd be considering DIY wall installations.

Oh yeah. *lol*

OK. I'll pay Simon £60 an hour to watch him trying to do it. *biggrin*

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a £10 off vip voucher, do you think the installer would accept that if i printed it off ? £60 an hour does seem a bit steep, i wonder what sort of guarantee it comes with, i have tried yell .com but the nearest tv wall mount installer is twenty six miles away.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
And as I dryly said earlier, maybe you didn't see it

Son_of_SJ said:
It's a terrific TV, and that curve just lends itself so readily to wall-mounting .......

I didn't expect it to be costing you £120 for labour though. Pity about the money that you spent on the slim mount from amazon, did you not know how heavy the television was before buying the mount from amazon?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Son _of_SJ, I checked samsungs website and it says that the tv will accept an ultra slim wall mount, so i purchased from amazon (i didn't want lots or large holes in the wall as i live in a flat from housing association) the tv weighs 20kg and the wall mount was two small screws, it's my fault i should have chosen bigger, just a normal vesa mount.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

simonlewis said:
I have a £10 off vip voucher, do you think the installer would accept that if i printed it off ? £60 an hour does seem a bit steep, i wonder what sort of guarantee it comes with, i have tried yell .com but the nearest tv wall mount installer is twenty six miles away.

I doubt the voucher offer would work somehow.

Anyone with DIY skills would be able to do it really. Have you asked around or checked in the local paper for a handyman? £60 an hour is outrageous, and charging for 2 hours is a bit of a liberty too.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

simonlewis said:
Hi Son _of_SJ, I checked samsungs website and it says that the tv will accept an ultra slim wall mount, so i purchased from amazon (i didn't want lots or large holes in the wall as i live in a flat from housing association) the tv weighs 20kg and the wall mount was two small screws, it's my fault i should have chosen bigger, just a normal vesa mount.

It's what your walls are made of that is most important. If they are solid walls, it shouldn't be a problem, but dot and dab walls, or stud partitions could be a problem. Make sure whoever does it uses the appropriate fixings.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
The chap came round at eleven o'clock this morning and spent two hours putting the tv on the wall also he helped me through the initial set up, he knew what he was doing and the job was done correctly so i'm very very happy, here are a few pictures.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
The chap came round at eleven o'clock this morning and spent two hours putting the tv on the wall also he helped me through the initial set up, he knew what he was doing and the job was done correctly so i'm very very happy, here are a few pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69466459@N04/15133924550/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69466459@N04/15133879699/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69466459@N04/9673088494/in/photostream/

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
I can't seem to copy and paste anymore so i'm not sure how to upload pictures.

It's never been possible to copy and paste pictures here, you have to do it the same damn way it's ALWAYS been done. Use your flickr method but choose the link with .jpg on the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts