Grou.d wire

camcroft

I found this on Google
Just buy some wire and U-shaped crimp connectors at a hardware store. Open the turntable and find a screw on a metal part of the chassis you can connect your grounding wire to. Easy peasy.

camcroft

If the turntable requires a ground wire their is normally a provision for one without the need to take it apart plus you're normally trying to ground the tonearm not the turntable itself. This is why I asked about what is on the rear of deck.
I asked as his name sounds very dutch ( Holland )

Last edited by a moderator:

nads

I was assuming the ground wire was missing so he cannot connect it..... :)
Either that and it does have one but he doesn't know what to connect it to. All in all not a very helpful post.
I try to never assume anything. As the T4P turntables from technical had two different ground wire fittings the OP needs to ID which that turntable has and then get a new one if it is missing. Or if it is there, IIRC my old one was a thin wire with a black cap, one end and a horse shoe fitting on the other, plug it in.
if the question was what cable do I need to connect the ground then the answer would have been what terminal do you have on the turntable.
if the OP could not see the ground terminal.....

got to love words. Even as someone who struggles to use them.

Blankensop

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Hey, I'm trying to install a ground wire to my Sl-q200; any suggestions for me???
Y'all I purchased the turntable from ebay. I didn't know it didn't have a ground. It does have the RCA cables, so can i just attach a wire to one of the RCA cables? I don't know that much about how it works. I guess you have figured that much out. So can I just do that? And to which one if the answer is yes. Oh and BTW... blankensop is my husband's ancestral name.

Y'all I purchased the turntable from ebay. I didn't know it didn't have a ground. It does have the RCA cables, so can i just attach a wire to one of the RCA cables? I don't know that much about how it works. I guess you have figured that much out. So can I just do that? And to which one if the answer is yes. Oh and BTW... blankensop is my husband's ancestral name.
The Owners Manual kindly provided by nads shows there is a connector for a ground lead next to the phono output sockets on this deck. You will need to make up a piece of wire to connect to this socket . I am not sure what type of connection it is, it may simply be another phono plug or mini-jack

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts