Greetings from a new member

Loup Garou

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi! I have just joined these forums. I am a recently retired GP and being an.... er...Senior Citizen, am not as familiar with latest Audio-Visual tech as most younger people. We have just sold our house and are in the process of moving into a penthouse along the south coast of England. I am working on setting up a Home Cinema system (of sorts) in the lounge and master bedroom and will need lots of advice. I will therefore be asking a few questions to the experts here and hope that they can help. Thank you. :)

Loup Garou

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you'll get lots of not too conflicting advice from the forums.

Look forward to seeing/hearing all about your setup as it progresses

Thanks. One of the problems I faced was optimal positioning of rear speakers in the lounge. This was because the 'rear' of the lounge is busy with two doorways, built-in furniture and a sloping ceiling on one side. Due to this I actually changed my order from the original Samsung HW -Q90R soundbar with its rear speakers to the Sony HT ST5000, the latter having no rears. But following advice from someone, we sorted the problem and so (after taking some measurements), am changing it back to the Samsung.

For the Master Bedroom, I have opted for a 49" 4K TV and the Sony HT ZF9 soundbar with the optional rear speakers added.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts