Greenfield setup

Everaejo

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hope you van help . Within three months, we'll move to a new appartement. Our current A/V will be replaced.

Any on help on a good solution will be appreciated. Our budget is on mid-end equipment.

We would like to have :

- multiroom audio in two bedrooms, bathroom and one big room containing the living area (with TV), kitchen area and eating corner.

- in ceiling speakers in all areas except living area. Floorstanding speakers in living area are not allowed.

- classical music with music lossless ripped to NAS (24-bit etc)

- other music streamed from Spotify or Internet Radios

- 42 or 46 inch screen (we own currently a Panasonic Plasma)

- basic surround capabilities (soundbar ?)

- XBMC or something alike

- easy use and control via iPad

Finding good or good value components is not the main problem. We do have a What Hifi subscription for that. The main problem seems to spend your money in such a way that the solution works together to create an acceptable and evenly distributed results that mach the

tx.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
The first idea that comes to mind is: Sonos. This would sort your multi-room streaming. For the rooms with in-ceiling speakers, a Sonos Connect Amp would be fine. There's a control app for the iPad, which has an excellent GUI. You'll need a NAS drive, and I'd recommend installing ethernet cable if you're doing building works. Although Sonos has excellent built-in wireless, hard wiring is always going to be more reliable.

For the living room, you could go with a Sonos Connect, which is very flexible. It can output analogue to a power/integrated amp or digital to a DAC plus amp.

I'm afraid that won't deal with you AV requirements though. I can't really give any suggestions on that score, as I don;t really do AV.

Good luck!

Matt

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
matt49 said:
The first idea that comes to mind is: Sonos. This would sort your multi-room streaming. For the rooms with in-ceiling speakers, a Sonos Connect Amp would be fine. There's a control app for the iPad, which has an excellent GUI. You'll need a NAS drive, and I'd recommend installing ethernet cable if you're doing building works. Although Sonos has excellent built-in wireless, hard wiring is always going to be more reliable.

For the living room, you could go with a Sonos Connect, which is very flexible. It can output analogue to a power/integrated amp or digital to a DAC plus amp.

I'm afraid that won't deal with you AV requirements though. I can't really give any suggestions on that score, as I don;t really do AV.

Good luck!

Matt

Spot on matt, Sonos for multiroom is obvious and in the main room too, just take the output from a Connect into an AV amp fot as many channels as you wish. Only downside is that it will need a second remote App to control the reciever, not ideal.

Alternatively, keep it simple and get a Sonus soundbar, depending on your requirements you might want to get a separate 2 channel system for music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts