Grado SR80i....any better deals?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Looking to buy a pair of SR80i phones for xmas, has anyone seen a better deal than £92.90 delivered ?
I would prefer to buy from a proper retail shop (online or local) rather than risk e-bay but most stores seem to be £10-£15 more expensive. I did see a deal for £88 but it looks as if they are based in USA, err no thanks.
I will be buying half blind as I have not had a listen to the SR80i, although my dad has a pair of the older SR60 and they sound lovely.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I know someone with a pair of SR80`s which sound great. Supposedly the new model sounds even better and that is a fantastic price!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Will do, my 1st proper pair of phones....... well 1st hifi kit tbh. I do have a proper surround setup (Mission M33i,M3c2i and m3dsi with a Denon 2105 and PS3) but usage is about 95% films. Most of my home music listening is via my pc through either my Creative pc sub/speakers, or 5.1 gaming headphones (older version of these)

The sub on my pc speakers is not very good and struggles like hell with low bass, ok with the punchy stuff. Gaming phones sound reasonable with music, but I can't wait for the Grado's to arrive.

I was toying with the idea of getting some active desktop speakers like the Audioengines, but I think the Grados will easily put those to shame..... especially in the bass department. The review said the 80's have real bass energy, I will be testing that claim with Massive Attack's Angel and Chase & Status More than alot (album - drum and bass). My musical tastes are quite varied so Spotify and quite a few lossless cd rips will be getting a work out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts