LG V30 or budget DAP

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, recently I purchased a new pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD 560s). I'm using a USB DAC with 70+70mw of power to drive the 120 ohms of the 560s. I was thinking of upgrading to a more expensive DAC with more power. Right now I'm using Tidal as my streaming service. I had in mind the Hiby R2 or R3, they are great DAPs with Tidal support. However I remember a lot of people said that LG V line has great audio and MQA support. I saw on internet the LG V30 for 100 bucks. It's actually cheaper to buy this phone than a DAP. I think it' s nice to have a separate device only for audio and the LG looks like a great option. Has someone had an experience with LG's phones? I understand that DAPs are better for audio but it's great deal, since I'm getting a full size phone, hell of DAC and UAPP support.

TempWhatHifiName121

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I had one as a phone, buying for the DAC as I spent a lot of time in trains. It was great, much better than some of the dongles that I have used since, and drives a HD 580 fine when needed. Only the battery life let it down.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
I had one as a phone, buying for the DAC as I spent a lot of time in trains. It was great, much better than some of the dongles that I have used since, and drives a HD 580 fine when needed. Only the battery life let it down.
I only will be using it as a DAP, not particularly a phone since I have a lovely S10e (not great for music but I love that phone). I only need Tidal, UAPP and LG's music player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts