Goldfinger

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Current setup:

B&W CM1 + B&W FS-700/CM + Roksan Kandy K2 BT + Audioquest Type 4 + Native Instruments TA2 + JRiver MC19 + Voltage Stabilizer

gallery_30068_88_199906.jpg

gallery_30068_88_243647.jpg

gallery_30068_88_296218.jpg

gallery_30068_88_92640.jpg

gallery_30068_88_215811.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

davidvann said:
looks like she's got a rug thing going on with her pits,anyway nice system.:grin:

Ah no! She must be foreign. Lol. :rofl:

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It is a print from a Modigliani painting. Since he was poor and alcoholic artist from Italy living in Paris, he could only afford the cheaper Parisian prostitutes as his models. But he was very handsome and charismatic fella so he got plenty of freebees, as the archives claim.
grin.gif

Reclining%20Nude%20Modigliani%20Print.jpg

As for the system I threw every black amp, cdp, tt, cassette deck etc. in cartboard boxes in the basement. Amp, set of speakers, DAC and my PC is all I need to enjoy music these days.

I stare all day at a 27" screen, being a graphic designer, so I need my eyes to rest while I enjoy music. So no big screen, just french prostitutes with armpit hair for me eyes, thank you.

The distances between speakers and listening position are 2m x 2m x 2m. I'm sitting almost in the middle of the room. Sounds good, no idea why, I just moved arround and came to this setup for now.

D

Deleted member 2457

Vladimir said:
It is a print from a Modigliani painting. Since he was poor and alcoholic artist from Italy living in Paris, he could only afford the cheaper Parisian prostitutes as his models. But he was very handsome and charismatic fella so he got plenty of freebees, as the archives claim.
grin.gif

Reclining%20Nude%20Modigliani%20Print.jpg

As for the system I threw every black amp, cdp, tt, cassette deck etc. in cartboard boxes in the basement. Amp, set of speakers, DAC and my PC is all I need to enjoy music these days.

I stare all day at a 27" screen, being a graphic designer, so I need my eyes to rest while I enjoy music. So no big screen, just french prostitutes with armpit hair for me eyes, thank you.

The distances between speakers and listening position are 2m x 2m x 2m. I'm sitting almost in the middle of the room. Sounds good, no idea why, I just moved arround and came to this setup for now.

:cheers:

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I used the gold rack for posterity and I got heavy trashing on another forum for using a flimsy jewelers rack that looks cliche. LOL Not oddiopile enough!

The black rack came in today. It's custom made from steel, filled with sand and welded shut. Same color (matte black) as the B&W speaker stands and also has spikes. Cost me only 40 euros and I'm pretty happy with it.

The guy who made it (also made my work desk) asked what was the deal with such heft behind the rack and the stands since the speakers look small and the amp isn't impressive either. I kept waffling on about oddiopile quantum physics and he got that look like he just got mad cow dissease. The system was playing RL Burnside - Bad Luck City and although he said nothing, I saw his eyes looking for a subwoofer hidden somewhere.

Now he wants to do some work for me as trade for my unused Pioneer A400. And he wants tips for building his own speakers.... Another life ruined. :roll:

:help:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts