GoldenEar Triton Seven speakers

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I heard the Triton Two a couple of years back. Despite the rave reviews I was quite underwhelmed with their sound. But to be fair, they came stone cold out of their cardboard boxes... Who knows what a well run in, properly positioned and adequately driven pair would have sounded like?

Not very helpful I'm afraid, but that's my 2pc.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have heard them along with the Aon 3's. The Sevens's are amazing for the price. The soundstage floats and surrounds you if you are positioned just right. The sound changes a little more dramatically than other speakers do if you are off axis, but not as much as Martin Logan or Magnepan do. It is just a very musical speaker doing most things very well. I am seriously considering buying a pair for my new Marantz PM8005 and SA8005. The press have been also been giving them rave reviews, a little less so in the U.K.. These speakers maybe more geared for American listening tastes?

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I look forward to your thoughts on them. I think this weekend I too will demo the Seven's again using the same Marantz amp and CD I own. First impressions can sometimes change.

Bluezip82

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I have been trying to find someone who would let me hear these speakers and was recommended to try a company in Cheltenham called Tectone who install home systems. So I gave them a call and they had a pair in the office which they offered to deliver to me for a home demo which I thought was great of them.

I had them for a week and as soon as I started playing them I was amazed how good they sounded.

Now I am not one who can wax lyrical about speakers with audiospeak so bear with me but these speakers just blew me away, they have a folded ribbon tweeter that is sublime. The sound fills the room and appears to come from all round the speakers and not just from them. There is plenty of bass, no subwoofer is needed with these and extends well out into the room.

Ok not everybody may like their looks but they blend into our decor without shouting "hey look at me" and even "she who must obeyed" thought they were an improvement in looks and sound, she even remarked that the sound seems to fly around the room!

Give them poor recorded music and that is just what they will give you in return, they do not hide the imperfections.

Triton Sevens just get on and play music effortlessly and non fatigueing, with a treble to die for.

I have now taken delivery of some new ones and Tectone took the demo ones away and delivered the new ones, all without moving from the sofa!

Now who's a happy bunny!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts