Getting best stereo sound from AV setup.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Was wondering what would be the best way of getting the most out of my system for stereo use. Denon AVR 1909, Sony bdp-s350 and Tannoy F4 speakers. Would adding a Dac be beneficial considering the limitations of the receiver as an amp or should I be looking at a seperate amp for stereo and if so would I be able to link up the seperate amp along side the denon receiver?

Thanks for any advice.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
nibbo:

Was wondering what would be the best way of getting the most out of my system for stereo use. Denon AVR 1909, Sony bdp-s350 and Tannoy F4 speakers. Would adding a Dac be beneficial considering the limitations of the receiver as an amp or should I be looking at a seperate amp for stereo and if so would I be able to link up the seperate amp along side the denon receiver?

Thanks for any advice.

Providing your receiver has front pre-outs you can use it with a stereo amp as follows

1) The front left and right preouts of the A/V Receiver go to an input on the stereo amp (Tape 2 for example)
2) Some stereo amps (not many) have a fixed-level input especially for this purpose so you can miss this step out: otherwise set the volume of your stereo amp to about 10 o'clock and run your speaker calibration routine on the receiver. Then always use this volume setting on the stereo amp whenever you watch AV - overall volume is handled by the receiver.
3) When watching AV, have both amps on - the stereo amp will handle the front speakers, the AV amp will handle the rest.
4) When listening to music, the AV amp is out of the equation so won;t degrade the sound.

Whether you need a DAC etc, I'll leave to someone else.

daveh75

Lost Angeles:nibbo:

Thanks for any advice.

Providing your receiver has front pre-outs you can use it with a stereo amp as follows

The Denon AVR1909 doesn't unfortunately,so not an option for the op......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts