Garden Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone out there got any recommendations for reasonably priced weather proof garden speakers and has used any at all. I want to be able to listen to music outside for barbecues etc and want to setup a fairly permanent arrangement rather thant having to set it up each time.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
From experience, I can tell you what goes down really well when having people round for a barbie. Get the old Dansette out with a couple of hundred 45's and let them fight it out as to what they play. The old wind up HMV with the 78's goes down a treat as well.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Sounds more suited to a nice fondue party!

As to the original question I got a pair of outdoor speakers a couple of months ago but I'll have to go home and check what they are, my local dealer was flogging a pair off cheap that they had left over from a home install and weren't needed, but I can't remember what they are.

Anyway they're pretty good taking into account that I mounted them on a plywood box cover for a drainpipe from the bathrooms that has its resonant frequency somewhere in the mid-bass, so it acts a bit like a sounding board! I really should get them screwed to the brick wall, but we haven't got any and Devon stone walls are a pain to mount things on. I'll let you know what they are when I get home (it's Audio something or other).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, appreciate you taking the time to check.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I seen the ones Andrew mentioned at £120 which look a good bet but next to them are a pair for £97.90 at www.audiovisualonline.co.uk under outdoor speakers with free del. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Actually the others may be a better bet as that is for one speaker only where the £120 is for a pair. soz

A

Anonymous

Hi,

There is an american company called TIC Corporation they make omni directional out-door speakers and rock speakers. The speakers have be said to last as long a 25 years! They are widely used in theme parks, disneyland uses them!

I have a link to a website that sells them over here - http://www.outdooraudio.co.uk/shop_online.htm

TRENDING THREADS