Gadget Show Surround sound test

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Tonestar1 said:
They are testing two budget 5.1 surround sound packages.

Panasonic and LG.

Problem is they are tesing in an empty basketball court, sitting on the ground.

What's the point?
Ratings.

You wouldn't watch Top Gear for advice about your next car purchase. Same with Gadget Show. Light entertainment froth.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Have they tested the Oppo 103?
evil.png

Tonestar1

chebby said:
Tonestar1 said:

Panasonic and LG.

What's the point?
Ratings.

You wouldn't watch Top Gear for advice about your next car purchase. Same with Gadget Show. Light entertainment froth.

I fail to see why testing in a basketball court is better for ratings than testing in a lounge or demo room . They could even throw in a few facts about basic acoustics.Although i can sense people switching off at that :)

The difference between The Gadget Show and Top Gear is that The Gadget Show is testing kit that 90% of it's viewers can actually afford so they should at least try to conduct a half decent test.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I thought the best test was when they were trying to fry an egg on the torches they just tested, but they didn't say what was the best torch at frying eggs, must say i was a bit dissapointed by that. :)

jjbomber

simonlewis said:
I thought the best test was when they were trying to fry an egg on the torches they just tested, but they didn't say what was the best torch at frying eggs, must say i was a bit dissapointed by that. :)

Didn't some magazine test mobile phones by how well they performed when you drop them?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Smerca said:
I have given up on this programme. So repetitive.

You would probably more interested in channel four's version which is designed for older viewers with stephen fry, i watched it once & found it boring but each to their own.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Tonestar1 said:

Panasonic and LG.

What's the point?
Can't say I noticed any of the tests, Polyanna had a bikini on...........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts