Fuses - Sensetive Akai AA-1020 Receiver?

rotorist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an old Akai which seems to blow the internal 1.6 Amp channel fuses from time to time (usually the left channel). My queries are:

A. why is this happening?

B. Is there a specific type of fuse that I should be replacing it with (i.e. slow blow/fast blow etc)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated please to get this amp working smoothly again.

(one thing which I know it does not like is being connected to an i-pod for example if not turned off, this has caused a channel to blow before so now I ensure all power is off before making connections and volume is at zero on powering up)

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It should say on the PCB or on a label next to each fuse and it will certainly say on the original fuses (and replacements) what they are. AT, AS and T are time delay (slow blow) while F are fast. So it might say T1.6A or F1.6A for example. Speaker fuses normally are fast blow (if thats what yours are protecting). Anything like an ipod or MP3 player can produce significant noises that could easily blow a speaker fuse.

Bill B

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know the fuse size for the 1.6a fuse in the akai aa-1020 receiver? And where I can get a replacement fuse?

Thanks

Bill B said:
Anyone know the fuse size for the 1.6a fuse in the akai aa-1020 receiver? And where I can get a replacement fuse?

Thanks

If fuses are blowing there is a fault elsewhere, probably down to items age. Sort the problem not the fuses.

SORRY. Just realised the original post is three years old.

Bill B said:

Thanks
It is years since I changed an internal amp fuse, but iirc they are 20mm, which is the standard size for such uses. For the avoidance of doubt, they are not the same as in a mains plug!

A store like Maplin should carry them, possibly in a box of 5 or 10, or a hifi shop should.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts