Fubar 2 Dac VS Logitech Squeezebox Touch

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am a newbie looking for some advice.

I currently listen to my music via a laptop > Fubar USB DAC > Sony STR-DA2400ESB. I like the sound of this current set up but am looking at something a bit more convenient (perhaps not having to have my laptop on all the time).

I mainly listen to Spotify or my own music collection (mainly apple lossless, but also some MP3’s). I recently spotted a Logitech Squeezebox Touch which would appear to be ideal for me, I have a external disk drive which has a backup of my music which I could plug into the touch and also use the Spotify app.

My question is how good is the DAC in the Squeezebox Touch has anyone had any direct comparisons to my Fubar DAC? Also does the Squeezebox cope well with 100GB of music or so via its USB?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for you response. I would imagine that the Touch alone would be fine for me then, I am considering getting a NAS in the future but just thought as I already have an external disk drive I could use it straight away.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Thanks for you response. That was my initial feeling also but I just wanted hear opinions regarding the DAC's as I am considering switching to a stereo amplifier in the future.

Has anyone had any experience of using a large external disk drive with the Squeezebox Touch?

Thanks

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hi there for duet cause i wanted something in my hand and dont like my iphone for a controller and i have to say it came closer to dac -magic than i thought but after a few nights the dac won. I have been on the squeezebox forums before and they say that side by side the touch has better dac and if using good recordings it a fair bit better. so i would say there wont be alot in it so you may found the fubar not needed.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to nads for pointing me to the Squeezebox forums, I have found them to be very useful.

Thanks also to smuggs for letting me know your own experiences with side by side testing. I think you might be right I think the Fubar may become surplus to requirements.

TRENDING THREADS