Freesat reeption

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

Just bought a Humax Freesat HDR, setup was eay enough, but the signal strength isn't good. SD channels are very soft, worse than my Freeview reception, and HD is good but not great. The dish is one I had used for SKY. The reception is only slightly better than my SKY+ box was. Current signal strength shows 75%, quality at 45%! Clearly not good. Other than a bigger/better Sattellite dish, is there anything else I can do to improve this reception? If not it'll soon be packed off back to the retailer.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Make sure the dish is correctly aligned, use better quality cable from the dish, that's about the limit of what you can do. I'd be surprised if either had and effect on the picture quality though.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I just checked the signal strength on my humax and signal strength is 100%. I have a normal size satellite dish. I agree with the_lhc, check the alignment and the cable, although I asoo doubt it will improve the picture quality - mine is better than freeview, so I am surprised yours is not.

daveh75

I wouldn't worry to much about signal strength/quality readings ( the inbuilt meter is only a guide, and not very accurate) provided the picture/sound is stable, i.e your not get picture blocking/freezing or sound pops/cracks.

As the others have said, check your dish alignment, cabling etc - but again improving the levels will not improve PQ.

I suspect your problem probably lies elsewhere, i.e with your Humax/TV settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts