Freesat - installation question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. After bit of advice.

I'm soon to move into a new flat which has an existing dish previously used for sky and I am considering Freesat (to tide me over until i can afford Sky HD).

I will be considerably poorer after move so if i can avoid having to pay for installation that'd be a result.

So assuming I buy a Humax HD PVR and a Quad LNB is installation something i could tackle for myself (I'm pretty tech savy) or is there more to it in order to complete the set up?

Thanks.

daveh75

So long as the dish is still in good condition and correctly aligned,then yes it's just a case of swapping the old LNB for the quad and running the extra cabling.If the dish isn't in good condition or not correctly aligned then ideally you'll need a meter to set it up, you can set it up manually but it's a right PITA to be honest.

A

Anonymous

Cheers.

Thanks for that.

Have been browsing Amazon and there appear to be a couple of types of LNB available depending on type of dish eg oval, circular, square arm or not etc so will need to check out dish to get right one.

Thanks again.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
You can also get a Sky Quad Mini Dish LNB here for £19.95: http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/skylnb.htm

Postage might be prohibitive for an LNB alone although if you're also buying cable and plugs it may even itself out as its a fixed amount.

They also sell an upgrade in the form of 0.1 db Titanium Sky Twin LNB's for £24.95 or Titanium quads for £44.95 (make sure you choose the Sky mini dish versions).

They sell high quality twin cable (black stuff is Webro WF100 - I've got it and its fully branded) : http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/satellitecable.htm#twincable . Webro is a good cable brand.

There are also wall plates and plugs below - I chose the professional option although that does mean buying the tool as well. Cheapest options are screw or push on variety.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts