FreeSat Cabling Query

sixpointfour

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Recently, I moved home and am tryring to connect my Humax FoxSat HDR to the building's satellite dish. The panel on the wall is a triplexed decombiner like the Labgear PSW132, with one satellite connection, while my PVR has two LNBs inputs. I would like to be able to record while watching TV, so is there a cabling solution that lets me connect the two LNBs without changing either the satellite dish (to which I don't have access) or the wall panel?

Thanks for any help you might have.

daveh75

Gray said:
[ SOME of the channels will pass through to LNB 2 for watching or recording. Give it a try, that's why they give you LNB 1 in/out option. You'll soon find which channels are available (when the required channel for LNB 2 in is in the same multiplex group as the channel you've got tuned on LNB 1 input!

Or KingofSat or similar list channels by multiplex/transponder to give you an idea of what channels you can watch/record simultaneously

Gray

sixpointfour said:
Hello,

Recently, I moved home and am tryring to connect my Humax FoxSat HDR to the building's satellite dish. The panel on the wall is a triplexed decombiner like the Labgear PSW132, with one satellite connection, while my PVR has two LNBs inputs. I would like to be able to record while watching TV, so is there a cabling solution that lets me connect the two LNBs without changing either the satellite dish (to which I don't have access) or the wall panel?

Thanks for any help you might have.
Hello sixpointfour. I've got the Foxsat HDR and, as you know, like Sky+, it requires two unsplit, separate feeds from the LNB for the complete watch / record one channel while watch /recording another trick.

But, unlike Sky, Humax provide three F sockets to allow a bit of a compromise when you can only give it one LNB feed (because they realise that's all some people have got)

Plug the one feed you've got into LNB 1 input, then connect LNB 1 out to LNB 2 in with a short F to F plug lead. SOME of the channels will pass through to LNB 2 for watching or recording. Give it a try, that's why they give you LNB 1 in/out option. You'll soon find which channels are available (when the required channel for LNB 2 in is in the same multiplex group as the channel you've got tuned on LNB 1 input (see the following post) - it's a compromise but better than nothing - and better than Sky in this respect.

Great box the Foxsat HDR, which I chose because it was the first non-Sky product with all the functionality of the Sky+ box.

You may have already tried it but once you've scanned in ALL available channels from the Astra 2 satellite you can easily switch between Freesat and non-Freesat channels in the menu 'STB mode' (Set top box mode) Apparently some people have bought a Sky box just to listen to Solar Radio (a non-Freesat channel) but I listen to Solar on the Humax in NFS mode.

Scanning in European channels (from a second, differently aligned dish)

gives loads more TV / radio. I recorded a couple of great concerts from a German HDTV channel (Deodato and Mezzoforte) which would never have been on UK TV.

And it goes without saying that all sound from your Humax goes through your hi-fi and sounds fantastic doesn't it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts