Samsung UE46F8000 Lost Freesat Reception

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
I turned on my 9 month old TV last night to find that it was not showing any Freesat channels. At first, I thought 'oh well' and tried to do a retune but the TV did not seem to find any satellite signal from the dish. I then tried a complete factory reset with the same result - ie no signal. Just as a test, I unlpugged the two cables from the TV and plugged them into my Humax Freesat box and the Humax showed 100% signal strength and, as you would therefore expect, 100% quality. Also plugged what was the Humax feed into the TV and, again, no signal. Plugged the cables back into the HUmax box and, again, got 100% / 100%. I think I have therefore ruled out any signal issue!

I will call Samsung Support but suspect they will only want to do what I have already tried but wondered if any of you learned people had any other ideas. Even better, has anybody else had the same problem?

Thanks in anticipation.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Im not familiar with that tv, but if its like my Samsung, you need to tell the tv to accept a signal from a satellite dish (Default would be from an aerial I suspect)

TRENDING THREADS