freesat box, which one ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
With sky you can record 2 channels and watch a pre-recorded one from the planner, what free sat boes do the same?

I like the look of the humax foxsat hdr but can't confirm if its does the same as sky box.

Would also like one that takes a figure 8 power lead.

Hope someone can help

John Hereford

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a Foxsat-HDR and can confirm that it will record two channels, whilst allowing you to view another simultaneously. It does, however have a captured mains lead, not a detachable "Figure of Eight" type. Whilst I am very pleased with it, I cannot confirm whether it does the same as a Sky box, having never owned one. I hope this is of some help.

John Hereford

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a Foxsat-HDR and can confirm that it will record two channels, whilst allowing you to view another simultaneously. It does, however have a captured mains lead, not a detachable "Figure of Eight" type. Whilst I am very pleased with it, I cannot confirm whether it does the same as a Sky box, having never owned one. I hope this is of some help.

A

Anonymous

John Hereford said:
I have a Foxsat-HDR and can confirm that it will record two channels, whilst allowing you to view another simultaneously.

to say that the 3rd is a prerecorded one from another day?

daveh75

bobbys said:
John Hereford said:
I have a Foxsat-HDR and can confirm that it will record two channels, whilst allowing you to view another simultaneously.

to say that the 3rd is a prerecorded one from another day?

Not necessarily. The Humax will allow you to watch and timeshift a 3rd channel whilst recording two others with certain limitations.

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-one-or-two-cables.25/

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've got a Samsung S7800. I don't think I've ever been in the position that there were 3 things on telly at the same time that are worth recording. Ever. So I can't answer your question, but this may be useful info for you... Previously I had a Humax freesat Foxsat HD (non-PVR HD Box) and in terms of a user interface, it was much better than the Samsung. Some observations:

• the Samsung's on screen "i" button takes up a LOT more of the screen than the Humax - so lots of the picture is obscure. The info screen is also poorly laid out, with lots of redundant space and pointless info showing;

• when the "i" button info on the Humax you press once to get the info up, a second time to give more detailed info and a third time to clear the screen. On the Samsung, once gets the info (see above), a second time gets the expanded info (which could probably fit into the first level of "i" if they properly laid it out, and a third time gets a signal strength screen – which is totally pointless here, it's rare day that you really need to know your signal strength and quality are 80% and 100% respectively. A fourth press is required to get back to the picture. (I realise you can press "exit" at any stage, but to be honest, it's neater to not have to look around for a different button.)

• HDD is quite noisy – this is probably a feature of most PVRs, but it's behind a glass door (admittedly in an open-back cabinet). I can't compare to the Humax PVR, but I find it annoying.

In general, it's a good machine, but I really preferred the user interface on the Humax.

A

Anonymous

im in same boat, would like to go freesat but dont know which box.

samsung had whf award but has had lots of bad press on the web

humax is very good but a little old now and would love to use my upgraded figure 8 lead, are humax due a new box

and the echostar, only 4 out of 5 stars but its not £350 its less than £200

bad points mobile app could be better and needs good internet,

i dont want it for that how good is it at all the norm stuff up against the humax

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts