Free Chord HDMI Active cable.....What Chance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just subscribed to WHI not only for the good info. in the magazine but also for the free offer of a Chord HDMI Active cable valued at £115!!

Anyone else done the same??

The small print states ....should we run out of gifts you will be offered an alternative gift.

I applied for subscription on the day the magazine came out, but I can bet you that I finish up with the alternative gift.

It will be interesting to see how many cables are to be had and what I and others receive.

Dave

A

Anonymous

A bit presumptuous if I might say ,last time they were giving CHORD HDMI cables value £85 I received it no problem,

must say tempting offer though

GJ

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
too tempting to resist!

looking forward to testing it against thatcable to see the difference in between the two - i really should get out more!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We order many hundreds of such gifts; i've just checked with our subscriptions department and - with two weeks to go until the offer expires (Sept 16th) - we've got 174 cables left.

Also, our new subs management agency is able to inform you whether a gift is in stock when you order (by phone).

If anyone's interested in the offer - Free Chord HDMI Active cable, worth £115, when you subscribe from just £21.93 for six issues - the unique code reference is M109P.

You can call: 08456 777813

or apply online at:

www.themagazineshop.com/WHIM109P

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Nice, I was about to say "SUBSCRIBE!" but going to the "secure" checkout on www.themagazineshop.com firefox complains of an invalid security certificate, meaning it can't verify that it's actually the kosher website.

Now, call me paranoid, but I'm paranoid about these things, so "UNSUBSCRIBE!!!1!".

Could ring up I suppose but that means, you know, talking to someone and stuff... <shudder>
emotion-41.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Trufax. EDITED BY MODS - no trading, please My (overly paranoid) work system let me order no problems...

PS - bit of a data-protection gauntlet to run ....

Please tick here if you do not wish to receive such offers by

Post Phone Email

We may also pass your details to other reputable companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.

Please tick here if you do not wish to receive such offers by

Post Phone

Please tick here if you wish to receive such offers by

Email

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:
Nice, I was about to say "SUBSCRIBE!" but going to the "secure" checkout on www.themagazineshop.com firefox complains of an invalid security certificate, meaning it can't verify that it's actually the kosher website.

Now, call me paranoid, but I'm paranoid about these things, so "UNSUBSCRIBE!!!1!".

Could ring up I suppose but that means, you know, talking to someone and stuff... <shudder>
emotion-41.gif

Magazineshop.com is our own website, and it's definitely secure.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
For a second time.. There is no risk. It's a Haymarket website that's been running for eons and it's most definitely secure.

Any certificate issues may possibly be to do with an imminent changeover to a new site for the URL (a new-look site with some smart extra features is launching v.shortly).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:the_lhc:

emotion-41.gif

Magazineshop.com is our own website, and it's definitely secure.

what about themagazineshop.com?

<Pokes with stick> BITE BITE!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome: For a second time.. There is no risk. It's a Haymarket website that's been running for eons and it's most definitely secure.
Any certificate issues may possibly be to do with an imminent changeover to a new site for the URL (a new-look site with some smart extra features is launching v.shortly).

OK! As it's you, I'll believe you...

done.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, www.themagazineshop.com is our genuine, 100%, bonafide website - just as in every link i've provided on this site, and as printed in the magazine every issue.

Sorry for dropping the 'the' in my post above (which wasn't a link) - we don't tend to spell it out when just talking about it!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare. I have now placed my order.

I currently use 3 HDMI Chord Silver Plus Cables.

Standard set-up. One from sky box to amp, one from blu-ray to amp and one from amp to media receiver (TV)

In your opinion, which one should I replace to see the most benefit? (I promise i wont sue if you get it wrong) :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd have fun trying all three (really!)... but i'd start with the connection from your amp to TV, as then you can check its effect on a range of sources, not just one

A

Anonymous

Alas ,yet again ,this free gift is not available to readers in Ireland.........shame really.......Why is this the case? If it`s a p&p issue I would`nt mind paying the extra!............ still a great mag though.....

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
"fun" - you've obviously never witnessed the tangled mess behind my amp!

It's a pity it's just 1.5m, 2m would be perfect for my screen, so will be for DVD-> amp, or perhaps it's a sign I need a BDP?!

Interesting....!!!

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Well I've gone for it. I'm fed up with swapping my Monster HDMI cable between the Sky box and the bluray player. Of course this won't actually solve the problem because if the Chord is noticably better than the Monster I'll still want to swap over each time.

I guess the publishers of these magazines must take the long term view regarding the profitability of these offers. When I subscribed to "Empire " magazine I got an Xbox game that I sold on ebay for more than the cost of the initial subscription, and a "Empire Movie Club" card which gives me the student rate at my local Vue and probably saves me more than the cost of the magazine each month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts