Foxsat HD + external hard drive?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
If you need extra storage you could put a larger drive in albeit it voids the warranty.

If going down that route, make sure you put a PVR specific HD in and not a pC one otherwise you'll have power and heat problems.

I put a 1TB WD PVR Specific HD in mine about 2 months ago and it works great!

A

Anonymous

Alsone:
If you need extra storage you could put a larger drive in albeit it voids the warranty.

If going down that route, make sure you put a PVR specific HD in and not a pC one otherwise you'll have power and heat problems.

Is this fairly straighforward for anyone used to messing around inside computers Alsone? My humax hdd is filling quickly with HD! Photos or mini-guide would be great :)

Sorry to go slightly off topic from the OP

daveh75

Bilbo Boggins:Alsone:

Is this fairly straighforward for anyone used to messing around inside computers Alsone? My humax hdd is filling quickly with HD! Photos or mini-guide would be great :) Sorry to go slightly off topic from the OPIT's very easy, upgraded mine also....if you head over to www.digitalspy.co.uk you'll find plenty of threads on the subject, in fact try this one for starters.

A

Anonymous

thanks Dave

seems pretty straightforward like you say although I guess you need to be careful to put a drive of the same kind of spec especially with regard power consumption? - seagate do a 1TB version of the 320GB that comes in the Humax so I think that would be the safe bet although on the dimensions it is a little bigger on height (length and depth the same) so not sure if this would be an issue?

From what I was reading you can then put the original drive in a usb caddy, connect it to the humax and use it to store and playback sd content. However, any HD content on the original drive would have to be transferred to the new drive in order to play it back due to the copy protection. I think I have interpreted it right? :)

cheers

daveh75

Bilbo Boggins:thanks Dave seems pretty straightforward like you say although I guess you need to be careful to put a drive of the same kind of spec especially with regard power consumption? - seagate do a 1TB version of the 320GB that comes in the Humax so I think that would be the safe bet although on the dimensions it is a little bigger on height (length and depth the same) so not sure if this would be an issue? From what I was reading you can then put the original drive in a usb caddy, connect it to the humax and use it to store and playback sd content. However, any HD content on the original drive would have to be transferred to the new drive in order to play it back due to the copy protection. I think I have interpreted it right? :) cheers

Yes, you do need to make sure you use a PVR specific HDD because of the power issue's as you say and also because of the heat.I used the PVR specific Western Digital WD10 EVCS SATA drive mentioned in that thread,and believe Alsone uses the same.

HTH

TRENDING THREADS