Fosi V3 Monoblock

Do they actually make a separate preamp then?
And no I haven't bothered to watch yet another YouTube video.... :)
To my mind most people that would use compact components such as this are using powered / active speakers so I don't see the point of monoblock amps.

Gray

One of the reviewers seems to think Fosi might have one on the way.

Apparently, the feedback implemented in this V3 mono has cured the speaker load dependency issue, audible in some other class D designs.

With one of these and a PSU local to each of your speakers (maybe hidden behind), I reckon they could be a very cost-effective way of turning your favourite passives into great, high-powered speakers (even got balanced input option for longer signal runs).

...and got me wondering about using the Cyrus integrated I've 'just' bought, as the preamp 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

manicm

And no I haven't bothered to watch yet another YouTube video.... :)
To my mind most people that would use compact components such as this are using powered / active speakers so I don't see the point of monoblock amps.

It's a pure power amp, so you can plonk any preamp on top that you wish to. And preferably one that's comprehensive. These are pure mono powerblocs, so you can build a fantastic X.X.X. home theater system as well - just add HT processor and speakers.

It's a pure power amp, so you can plonk any preamp on top that you wish to. And preferably one that's comprehensive. These are pure mono powerblocs, so you can build a fantastic X.X.X. home theater system as well - just add HT processor and speakers.
Not sure why you would want to when you can buy a complete package with less cables.
How many would you need to produce a working home theatre system?
Yes, I have owned systems with full sized monoblock amps in the past but that was in the past, I don't see anyone needing small monoblock amps if they are trying to build a system with small footprint these days nor do I see them a useful if turning pasdive speakers into active because that's uneconomic and you might just as well buy active speakers in the first place.

Last edited:

manicm

Not sure why you would want to when you can buy a complete package with less cables.
And people still faff with turntables, seperate DACs, CD Transports etc etc.

I am an all-in-one integrated guy, others here clearly are not. If you're buying a 2000 quid passive speaker why not juice it properly and on the cheap??? And you can put a splendid preamp/preamp-DAC/preamp-streamer-DAC or whatever the hell you want with a volume control.

In fact I don't see any sense in the Fosi stereo amps with only one line-in input. I would class this V3 powerbloc as one of the first serious products they've released. And the reviews so far are great.

For example and FYI, Eversolo makes a power amp.

I am an all-in-one integrated guy, others here clearly are not. If you're buying a 2000 quid passive speaker why not juice it properly and on the cheap??? And you can put a splendid preamp/preamp-DAC/preamp-streamer-DAC or whatever the hell you want with a volume control.

In fact I don't see any sense in the Fosi stereo amps with only one line-in input. I would class this V3 powerbloc as one of the first serious products they've released. And the reviews so far are great.

I am sure they will find a place for some, even those that don't really know what they want..... :)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hifi these days does not need to be expensive. Eversolo and Fosi are giving exorbitant prized hi-fi a run for their money. Still, it's about price to performance ratio. Interesting times.

Did you see that on social media Fosi stated they had had over $200,000 in 24 hours pledged via Kickstarter for this product. Most manufacturers would give anything to get that sort of upfront investment, and most likely would need a bank to help.

What amazes me is the speed of development and delivery. I ordered an earlier stereo version with a two month lead time and got it in three weeks, shipped from China and posted to me from a UK distribution point, so no awkward import issues.

Last edited:

manicm

Did you that on social media Fosi stated they had had over $200,000 in 24 hours pledged via Kickstarter for this product. Most manufacturers would give anything to get that sort of upfront investment, and most likely would need a bank to help.

What amazes me is the speed of development and delivery. I ordered an earlier stereo version with a two month lead time and got it in three weeks, shipped from China and posted to me from a UK distribution point, so no awkward import issues.

I don't know anything about the logistics, but it's been reviewed already on YouTube. One is British. Fosi sent those samples directly.

So everything seems in order.

Amormusic

Mar 12, 2023
Visit site
I've preordered some which arrive in June with the beefy power supplies. The V3 was impressive for the size and cost (I bought and subsequently sold one to try it out). These are improved from the V3 and made mono.

Should be interesting to try them out.

Reactions: manicm and nopiano

TRENDING THREADS