Fopp is amazing!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Just as it says realy, I now walk past one on my way home from work (new one in gower street waterstones London) and over the last two weeks got 8 good CDs all for £3 each! Very small store but has some great music!

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Got good memories of Fopp Edinburgh from my youth. Pity HMV owns it now, that big store they opened on Tottenham crt road must have killed them, that and Virgin going down the plug hole.

I go to the one in Covent Garden and the guys in there play great music. The cds and dvds are good prices and the vinyl is cheaper than HMV. I also think the stack of B&W 601s they have around the ceiling perimeter look cool.

I was in there tonight and heard the latest Amorphous Androgynous mix and had to buy it.

T

the record spot

It was Fopp's heavy expansion in the south that was a factor, not least when they bought up Music Zone's defunct stores. Nearly keeled over when I was down in Camden one Saturday and saw the new Fopp there was shut. Delighted they saved the Edinburgh Rose Street branch though. Been going to Fopp for must be a good 20 years now.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
It was in Rose street! God ive got a memory of it being in over on the Bridges or cockburn street somewhere.

Good to know its still there.

T

the record spot

Yes, they had their first branch for years in Cockburn Street. Rose Street followed later, but was sad to see the other one go. The better one of the two imo.

JohnnyC

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Good to see the store still operating. The one in Leamington Spa closed a few years ago. Great shame at the time. However it was replaced by Head, which is similar. Unfortunately if you want any music that's a bit radical, then it's down to the internet.

A

Anonymous

The one in Waterstones on Gower Street is on my way home from work too - my wallet screams when I get near....

idc

Fopp are the best music shop by miles IMHO. I have used the one in Byres Rd Glasgow for years and there is another one in Union St. My only complaint is they can get a bit cramped!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
bennyboy71:The one in Waterstones on Gower Street is on my way home from work too - my wallet screams when I get near....

Tell me about it! I have been doing the journey for 9 days now and have been in 4 times, think I need to ration myself!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
bennyboy71:The one in Waterstones on Gower Street is on my way home from work too - my wallet screams when I get near....

Tell me about it! I have been doing the journey for 9 days now and have been in 4 times, think I need to ration myself!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts