Myths & conspiracy theories

We all believe in one thing or another, whether through personal accounts or stories.

Regardless of whether it's little green men in space ships, paranormal, ancient cults....

I'll start off with a subject that's always fascinated me, something of intrigue, and that's connected to my family: Sgt John Martin Miles, my great grandfather who served with the Metropolitan Police from the 1880s to 1920s.

Jack The Ripper.

My great grandfather was based at Tower Hamlets, London which covered the Whitechapel area.

The Met archive has confirmed he was based at Tower Hamlets in 1888 and would no doubt had some sort of involvement in the Whitechapel murders. Details in the Met archives are sketchy so no one exactly knows what did during the investigation.

Over the decades there's been more possible suspects than you can shake a stick at, so I won't even attempt to give my views. Just a few points that films and documentaries hasn't mentioned:

1) My hunch is the Whitechapel murderer must've been living alone. No one sneaks out in the middle of the night without a family member knowing or he couldn't come home and disguise the bloodstains.

2) Why did no one hear the screams? Bear in mind there was no TV or radio or any white noise. There's a huge difference between screams of laughter and someone being mutilated.

3) All the evidence suggests there was little stains, despite most of the organs being removed. Which begs another question, with such dim lighting how comes he could carry out his work so precisely. Modern handheld torches are brighter than street lights in the 1880s.

TRENDING THREADS