Focal Elegia - (UK)

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Further Price Drop from new. Now down to £599 in most places.
- Seven Oaks
- Richer Sounds
- Home AV Direct
- Audio Affair
- Future Shop
- Selfridges
- etc.

Retail price before was anything between £850 - £1K. Reduction as a result of the release of the Focal Celestee and retailers trying to clear stock.

In addition their are some currently in Richer Sounds Clearance section for £499.95. At that price it puts them square in the Headphones Mid-Fi Price Band.

Having purchased some myself, i'm glad I did.

It's worth keeping an eye on what appears in their. Some Focal Celestee's appeared briefly for a few days last week for £850.

D

Deleted member 188533

I don't know that it will be the same in the UK but it also looks like there are about to be original Clears on the market for way less than retail as well. Headphones.com has them available for preorder for $990 vs the previous price of $1490. Which is where the Clear Mg now sits.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I don't know that it will be the same in the UK but it also looks like there are about to be original Clears on the market for way less than retail as well. Headphones.com has them available for preorder for $990 vs the previous price of $1490. Which is where the Clear Mg now sits.

That equates to around £720. That's a much better price that's being offered here right now.

Retail price in the UK is £1399, and they are currently down to £1099 at the retailers I initially listed, but that's still to expensive for me.

If they come down enough I will be looking to buy them for sure.

jjbomber

Further Price Drop from new. Now down to £599 in most places.
- Seven Oaks
- Richer Sounds
- Home AV Direct
- Audio Affair
- Future Shop
- Selfridges
- etc.

Retail price before was anything between £850 - £1K.
They've been £599 for at least 6 months in most places. You'll notice how the Richer Sounds page says RRP and not reduced. That's because they haven't legally reduced them; they've been £599 for a long time.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
When I bought my Elegias nowhere had them for less than £799, which is what I paid and, soon after, they went up to £849. A couple of months later they went out of production and many started to sell them for £578...

Timing is everything!
Ouch! I feel for you. I've not seen anything depreciate like this before in the audio world myself when it's been made end of life (maybe as i'm still fairly green). Closest experience i've had is buying my Fiest ST after Ford announced the new ST. As Ford forced all dealers to register their cars it meant I got mine brand new but at a cheap price.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Friesiansam

Ouch! I feel for you. I've not seen anything depreciate like this before in the audio world myself when it's been made end of life (maybe as i'm still fairly green). Closest experience i've had is buying my Fiest ST after Ford announced the new ST. As Ford forced all dealers to register their cars it meant I got mine brand new but at a cheap price.
It's not so bad, they are very nice and, although I did toy with the idea of upgrading again, I think they will be my main headphones for the long haul.

I did, however, get my DAC/headamp for a very good price, so overall did OK.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
That's a hillarious deal! If I hadn't alreaady purchased them, i'd have got some at that price provided they shipped to the UK. Even if you add on import/customs, etc. it's still going to be around £200 cheaper than what Richer Sounds are selling them for!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts