Focal 806V or Dynaudio Focus 110

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site

I need some feedback from you guys which one would you choose from above speakers if you have PM7001 KI/ CD6002? I'm planning to bring my amp to do a listening test that would help me decide of my speaker purchase for my smallish room. My type of music is anything except rap.. Thanks in advance

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i've never heard the focal but i have heard the focus 110 and it is very good. there is a lot of bass available from this speaker but it is nice and tight and punchy. i think you would need to home demo them to check you can give them enough space around them in your smallish room. they also need a fair bit of juice from the amp. i should be picking some up for home demo tomorrow so will post any further thoughts.

A

Anonymous

The Dyn Focus 110s are fantastic speakers. Im not familiar with the amp, but you'll need plenty of juice for the Dyn's. They're 4 ohms and not particularly sensitive, so be careful. Feel the temperature after driving them to your usual listening levels for 10 mins when you audition. What are the specs for the amp and check if it's comfortable driving 4 ohm loads in the manual.

I also agree with the poster above, they can be boomy in the wrong room, so press for a home demo if poss.

I have no experience with the Focals I'm afraid.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
khian:

I need some feedback from you guys which one would you choose from above speakers if you have PM7001 KI/ CD6002? I'm planning to bring my amp to do a listening test that would help me decide of my speaker purchase for my smallish room. My type of music is anything except rap.. Thanks in advance

I'm familiar with the Both the Marantz sound and the Dynaudio Focus sound... Never heard the Focals though... but based on reviews... I'd expect Focal to be more like B&W sound... And I've directly compared B&W to Dynaudio... IMO, they have a totally different presentation and so it's down to a matter of personal choice whether you like the Dynaudio or the B&W sound...

Based on my experiences and listening tastes, I wouldn't expect Dynaudio and Marantz to be a good match... I'd pair Marantz with either Monitor Audio, B&W (and I assume Focal)... But you will really just have to try the combos for yourself...

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. Any feedback from the others?
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

No feedback.

But you can check the review of the 807V in www.stereophile.com

http://stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/1107focus/index1.html

A

Anonymous

Heard the Focus 110 can they are a 'full' sounding speaker with good dynamics, insightful but not overly analytical. I also auditioned the Audience 52se and found there to be little different in the two - there was a huge discount on the 52se so might be worth checking out too.

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts