Fluance rt85

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi guy's, even though I'm not a current tt user, ( have been in the past and I've got a itch that needs scratching lol) I have to say that this fluance rt85 turntable's specs are a bit eye popping if you ask me, I'm sure someone asked about these units a few months ago and I think the general consensus was that stick with the rega's or pro-jects of the world, anyone had any experience with them. I could be tempted if Amazon throw me a pay up monthly offer again.

Hi guy's, even though I'm not a current tt user, ( have been in the past and I've got a itch that needs scratching lol) I have to say that this fluance rt85 turntable's specs are a bit eye popping if you ask me, I'm sure someone asked about these units a few months ago and I think the general consensus was that stick with the rega's or pro-jects of the world, anyone had any experience with them. I could be tempted if Amazon throw me a pay up monthly offer again.
Not personally but have a mate in Canada that has one because that is where they are made and he seems very pleased.
It comes with a half decent cartridge I understand...... :cool:
Great value for money even if it does mean we encounter the normal rip off pound / dollar conversion rate of buying in the UK

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Yeah it comes with a 2m blue and a acrylic platter...I quite liked the 2m blue when I had one, going from a old om10 though, it was a revelation.lol.
Cartridge aside though, I wonder if I should be aiming a bit higher considering the rest of the kit I have.

Yeah it comes with a 2m blue and a acrylic platter...I quite liked the 2m blue when I had one, going from a old om10 though, it was a revelation.lol.
Cartridge aside though, I wonder if I should be aiming a bit higher considering the rest of the kit I have.
that's debatable, I am sure it would take a healthy cartridge upgrade which is fundamentally what makes a turntable good, albeit simply.
I guess it depends on how much you value an analogue front end and whether or not you currently own any vinyl......

Last edited:

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Al..I sold all my vinyl around 2years ago...and I miss it dearly, it's not so much the sound of vinyl but the ritual of it, I'd only buy albums that are special to me..(I've already bought a couple of newer releases [analogue recordings] I won't be buying digitally mastered stuff ) .I can listen to any album I want via tidal, Spotify or indeed my own cd collection (1000 ish) I did only have around 250 -300 on vinyl but some were first pressings of indie and rock albums I loved from my youth and I doubt I'll ever afford to buy all of them again...but there's a few I'd like to revisit on vinyl .I know I wouldn't recommend anyone getting into vinyl from scratch but it's in my dna I think.lol.plus I know what I'm getting into.🤣🤣
Oh and I was looking at the pro-ject debut pro as another possible candidate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
A
that's debatable, I am sure it would take a healthy cartridge upgrade which is fundamentally what makes a turntable good, albeit simply.
I guess it depends on how much you value an analogue front end and whether or not you currently own any vinyl......
Hi Al. could you please delete this thread, I think it's irrelevant now.thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts