Newby upgrade advice please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jnmann

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Whilst searching I've found a Brio for £350 (private), Roksan K2 for about £500 (shop). Brio seems good value but not sure on original rrp. Would I be better saving my money for something newer with warranty?

£489 for a new Brio, Arcam A19 refurb at £499.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
jnmann said:
Whilst searching I've found a Brio for £350 (private), Roksan K2 for about £500 (shop). Brio seems good value but not sure on original rrp. Would I be better saving my money for something newer with warranty?

£489 for a new Brio, Arcam A19 refurb at £499.

Is that the Brio R? Roksan K2s were going for £450 new 3 years ago so I consider that a bit high, does it have a warranty? Brio Rs are now £550 new, you can sometimes get 10% discount. I've seen Arcam A19s for around £425, nearly new, dealer returns. I would keep looking.

jnmann

May 13, 2016
Visit site
So the secondhand Brio R is £350, might get a little cheaper. Would this make a substantial difference or should I hold on to my money and save for Roksan?

Looking on Vickers HiFi, they have the Cyrus 6 about half price (factory reprocessed) Where would these fit in quality wise with the rega/roksan....Always liked the look of the Cyrus :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts