Question Fixing an impossible situation (low ceilings)

scdalaskan24

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I’m desperate to find the best possible solution to set up a listening room/theater in my basement. The problem is the room is 13’x13’ with 6’ ceilings. I’m open to any suggestions to make the best of this space. The room has concrete walls on 3 sides and a concrete floor.

Wow! That's pretty low! Do you envisage yourself spending a few hours in that room watching a film or listening to music? Personally, I would get claustrophobic. It's best used as a storage space in my view.
He would have to do it lying down I would imagine :)
That's a very small room to attempt to put a home cinema system in, think I would be using headphones.

Reactions: Niallivm

scdalaskan24

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I guess the idea would be to install low set seating which basically takes into account that a person will have their legs forward on an ottoman. It brings the head down a foot or so.

Reactions: bigboss

AJM1981

Sounds like a fun experiment. I would probably bring in a random set and see how it behaves to come up with improvements in setup and apply room corrections on the fly.

But primary to that I would try to isolate and ventilate the basement in order to have electronic equipment there for a long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts