First steps.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After much deliberation, I've decided to buy a half decent sound system. I would like opinions on the Cambridge A5 or 340A coupled with a set of Q Acoustics 1030 floor standers ( the speakers are not subject to negotiation...wife likes the look!!!). No laughing and pointing please, budget dictates!

Further to the last, which was also Hi-jacked by another question, the room into which it will be going, is 24' X 16', will this kit give a reasonable performance? I'm not after ground breaking Hi-Fi, just a decent sound for all types of music.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Marantz 6002 - Cambridge Audio A1 V3 - Eltax monitor 3

all come to £340 and sound to rival system that cost more.......BARGAIN

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Im 15 and looking to buy my first Hi-Fi, can anyone tell me some decent british manufacterers and what i need to get started, my budget is around £1000 in total.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input, the speakers I've mentioned have to stay though, wifes' very fussy about decor!!!

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
tobys92
When you log in please use the start a new topic icon, otherwise you are likely to be ignored as people won't see you specific question.

A

Anonymous

Well 15 year olds aside, this 23 year old has never heard a q acoustic in his life. Methinks they don't venture over the atlantic. The numbers on the speaker would seem to suggest the 340a would run it quite nicely, it's a very large 40 watts, and I think it does something like 45 into 6 ohms.

I might suggest spending a little more on speakers though? They're the most important element, maybe show the wife some totems? They're very pretty. Comes in four colours, (real hardwood no veneers) and they never ****** about with grilles.

I only bring this up because my persnickety fiance whom hates my old mission 731's with a fervor loves my Totems.

I know, I know I'm a Totem Acoustic broken record. What did the Jesuits say? Ever the zeal of the convert?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts