Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting into the world of vinyl and have been researching a good initial setup. My list is below - if you could let me know if I'm missing anything I'd appreciate it!

- Rega RP1 Performance Pack

- Onkyo A-9010

- Q Acoustics 3020

- Fisual Easy Fix Banana plugs (I assume these will work into photo jacks?)

- 25m speaker cable

Other than records, am I in need of anything?

Thanks in advance!

K

keeper of the quays

Tom Lawson said:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting into the world of vinyl and have been researching a good initial setup. My list is below - if you could let me know if I'm missing anything I'd appreciate it!

- Rega RP1 Performance Pack

- Onkyo A-9010

- Q Acoustics 3020

- Fisual Easy Fix Banana plugs (I assume these will work into photo jacks?)

- 25m speaker cable

Other than records, am I in need of anything?

?

Thanks in advance!
if you have a poundstretcher near you? Get a pack of 'powerforce' 6 eraser sponge pads..soak one in water then wring nearly out..use on lps..brilliant cheap solution..to aid quick drying use strong tissue paper (sainsburies recycled is good)

Why do you need that length of speaker cable? The banana plugs fit into the speaker sockets not phono plug sockets.

You might need some sort of stylus balance to ensure your turntable has been set to the correct tracking force.

I was also puzzled at such a quantity of speaker cable. I wouldn't normally reckon on more than 5 metres per channel, except for home cinema (which I no longer use).

The missing link is speaker stands, however. You "can" put them on bookshelves but they'll sound awful. They do make wall brackets, however. And ideally a dedicated rack or stand for your Rega.

Worth listening to a whole system, before deciding.

PS. Welcome to the forum!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts