First Seperates Hi-Fi !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello What HI-FI !!

I have been reading this forum because im interested in creating a seperates system for my new flat. And where better to ask for some advice.. I have a wide range of musical tastes, from aerosmith, oasis, guns and roses, santana, van halen, pink floyd, cast, the verve all the way to scouse housem ultrabeat, chemical brothers..... above & beyond..

Anyhoo, this is where it gets tricky. I don't have loads of money to spend on this setup. I will be buying a CD player and speakers when I can, well, when I can afford. I have a small cyrus linkmini two for my IPOD so at least I have some music to listen to while I save up!

Oh and I already own a Roskan Kandy KA-1 intergrated amp.. So my goal is to get a nice powerful pair of bookshelf speakers (maybe even floor standers, saw some castle severn 2s that looked interesting) and connect the IPOD to the amp? Then get a CD player later on? .

I have done a search and found lots of people using the new L.mk3 roskan kandy but does anyone else use the KA-1 amp? If so what would youse recommend I connect to it!!!

I am lookin forward to your replies audiophiles!!
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The Roksan is a nice amp and by the looks of things you like rock and dance. If I were you I would be tempted to get some decent B&W or Monitor Audio speakers and a decent Cd like the Rega Apolllo or Arcam CD73/CD92 second hand.

A

Anonymous

thanks mate, yeah i do like listenin to all sorts of music! I will look into those cd players. both the rega and arcam are good bets second hand? I gotta go relax now. I gotta go to cardiff in the morning working away so I wont get a chance to check the forum. Think I will tune into the american football, that'll put me to sleep!!!

Thanks in advance for the advice

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
One thing I will say, is that if you spend the maximum you can afford, it will be money well spent. Been to a friend's today for lu nch and she had a mini system. Makes you wonder how they can be pleased when you come home and the stereo is about 10 times as good.

A

Anonymous

thats smart Joel. Im with you on that lad. I will be looking about, keeping my ears to the ground for a good deal. I figure spending a bit more on a decent product will be worth it in the long run.. Many good years of decent audio is what im after.. not wondering if i shoudda spent more when im disapointed cus I went for the quick, easy, prehaps cheaper option? - im so tired i gotta sleep. I will check back in this friday.. have a good week boss. tata4now

A

Anonymous

I agree with Joel about pushing the boat out a bit if you can - it might save money in the long run if it saves upgrading in a few months time 'cos you're not entirely happy. Be careful though of assuming more expensive = better (for you). I got an old amp upstairs (2nd hand) for £70 that I prefer in some aspects to a new amp costing 10 times that, that I home demo'd. If you try hard you could spend loads on some well reviewed kit and hate it.

TRENDING THREADS