Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi my name is Lasse

I am about to start my adventure in to Hi-Fi :bounce:

I need an intg. amp. for my setup which is:

Rega Planar 3

Von Schweikert VR-1

Thats it :)

Now my question, which amp should i bye i have been looking at a Pioneer A 676 ref. and a Technics SU-8080 for around the same kind of money. So which is the better one?

If you any other suggestions then please give them :) the budget i around 100pounds

Hi lasse and welcome...

First, not heard of Von Schweikert so could you describe their presentation? For instance, are they bright, warm, neutral...?

Going for a safe bet look at Arcam Alpha 7 (sell for around £50-£70 typically), or one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MARANTZ-PM-44SE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier-Hi-Fi-HiFi-Separates-/330780679013?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item4d04109b65.

Not heard of the aforementioned Pioneer but you pick-up A400 for around £100.

A

Anonymous

The speakers are warm but still detaliled so the amp should be neutral or to cold side

hope this helps :?

Okay... Pioneer during the 70s, 80s and 90 mass produced amps, like Wharfedale used to speakers, and as a consequence they produced some wonderful and others not so... but the 676 I've not heard. Likewise the Technics, apart from an amp dem'd in a shop about 20 years ago.

With your speakers being on the warm side I'd look at Pioneer SA-706, 506, 508, A400. Perhaps also a Rotel 920, Also the Marantz should fit the bill. All these have dedicated turntable phono stages. I would say Arcam Alpha range but they have a slightly rich presentation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts